Cerec Connect

RaySanford

RaySanford

Reaction score
I received my Cerec inLab system, computer and inEos, with the anticipation of excepting digital impressions through Cerec Connect.

I have a customer with Cerec in his office so thought it would be a slam dunk to start using this feature. I just found out that it was going to cost my customer an additional $600 for wire installation plus a monthly internet charge, no in office WIFI, and software maintenance fee.

Bottom line is that my customer chose not to spend the extra funds to be able to use Cerec Connect. So, I'm out the cost of the system and not able to get his digital impressions. The sales people don't tell you about all the extra cost to get this stuff going, just how wonderful it is and you have to have it to stay up with the times.

I shouldn't complain too bad since I bought this used through ebay for a much lower price than new :)

Looking for customers already using Cerec Connect!
Ray

SanfordDentalArts.com

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's Patterson for you, and good luck looking, I heard the scans weren't all that accurate and take some time to adjust in the lab.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
the sales people dont tell you anything they dont have to.

You do realise cerect connect is limited to 3 units bridges dont you (unless they have extended it to 4 now).

assuming he will be milling his own single units as this is the only way to get a return on the in surgery units at a reasonable time frame, then how many 3 unit bridges do you think you are going to be doing? :confused:

i hope you didnt pay to much for the system!

which mill and eos did you buy?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
That's Patterson for you, and good luck looking, I heard the scans weren't all that accurate and take some time to adjust in the lab.

I got rid of the one we had here.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I got rid of the one we had here.

That says a lot because you're always tinkering and playing with all the cad/cam stuff out there......even the stuff that isn't out there yet :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You mean to tell me that doc has no internet? Or, he needs a seperate special line/modem just for infinident?? Either one is retarded.

Last edited:
RaySanford

RaySanford

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
Let me see if I can answer your questions.

My primary goal here was to replace regular impressions with digital ones. Most cases I do for this Dentist are gold so I was planning on infiniDent making the model and wax patterns. I was also hoping that once the Dentist saw how nice Cerec Connect worked I would receive a few other cases.

Also by having Cerec in my lab I could offer e.max cad to other customers without Cerec. I have now done that with okay results. Margins were so so and crowns need a little adjustment. I figure my design skills aren't quite there yet.

Paulg100
I just bought a used Patterson computer with 3.80 software, already upgraded to 3.84, and a inEos scanner, red. So not a big amount of cash to buy.

Also just checked infinDent's web site;
Up to 4 unit bridges posterior and anterior no more than 40mm.

I actually think he is using the WIFI from someone next door, with permission. He has wireless for his Cerec but the internet is not hooked up to it so the Patterson tech told me that two wires would have to be run and an additional maintenance fee would apply. He also has a real concern about his internet connection for digital impressions has to be secure. I wonder if that concern would permeate through the rest of the digital impressions travels, meaning my lab?

Here's what I don't get. I have three computer in my lab, two of them have inLab software. One is hardwired to the internet and the other one is wireless. So I scanned a model, trimmed the die, marked the margins, optimized it for infiniDent and saved it to the desktop. I then attached it to an email and sent it to my second computer, via different email address, and opened it in the inLab software with no problem. Couldn't a Dentist do the same when sending me digital impressions? Maybe it's too much of a pain for them to do that and Cerec Connect is just easier.

Interesting road down the learning curve of this digital dental experience.

Have a great weekend,
Ray

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I could offer e.max cad to other customers without Cerec. I have now done that with okay results. Margins were so so and crowns need a little adjustment. I figure my design skills aren't quite there yet."

its not your design skills. The best you will ever get is so so results, even with a "perfect" prep which we all know we rarely get. All the time you save in getting to a hard state gets lost in the adjusting and seating down and then the fits still dont come any where close to pressed.

ok they have moved the the bridges upto 4 units thats good, but you have to ask yourself ... why only 4? fit problems and inconsistancy?

Top Bottom