Ceramill Motion 2 Tool usage

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I have a Ceramill, its good. About 25 to 35 min per abutment. We change the tool after 30 abutments or if needed before. Just wish I had more options for blanks, I am somewhat limited on witch implants i can cover. Also it sucks if something breaks, had to wait a few weeks for a custom part from AG. All in all its a good machine. Eventually we will convert one of our dent mills in to a wet mill. You can do up to 6 abuts. at a time on those.
I purchased the Ceramill Motion 2 a few months ago for my lab, specifically for titanium abutments (CA) with a plan to do full dentures when available early next year. We do 10-15 CA's a day. At first, the one at a time thing was problematic. We have since moved the mill out of the mill room into our implant department and it sits just behind my tech who does the cam, loads the mill and finishes the abutments. The mill is certainly quiet enough to sit next to. He knows when it stops, spins his chair around, loosens a single screw, removed the milled abutment, places the new blank and tightens the single screw and pushes go. The process of changing the blank is done in just seconds.
At CAP we mill 6 or 12 at a time in NT Trading fixtures (each fixture holds 6). We mill all these in Ines 450i, 550i and the new 350i with changere. This does enable larger production if you are producing more than 15 a day. However, milling custom abutments in a 98 MM fixture can lead to not as nice of a milled product as the abutment in milled from one side and then flipped 180 degrees to mill the other side. The Motion 2 mills like a lathe with the abutment constantly rotating as it's milled. The results from the AG mill require less post processing as the CA's come out of the mill nearly finished. Lastly, the NT blank holder requires a fair amount of assembly to get the blanks in the mill. Even though it mills 6 at a time, the time required to get a blank in the mill is considerably longer than the one screw needed to change out the blanks in the Ceramill.

smvandyke

smvandyke

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. I feel better knowing it wasn't 10 units per set of tools.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
NT a bit overconstructed Medentika might be the better solution 2 different sizes of prefoms and only one fixture no add crap parts to fix the interface kick NT in the ... to reconstruct .And for the 180 deg flip problem the sum äquator overmill function for preforms.

Last edited:
alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi, We are considering buying a Ceramill Motion 2 to do custom abutments. How many abutments can you average per set of tools? We have heard everything from 10-50. That is a big difference in tool cost per unit and just wanted to see what you guys are experiencing.

Hello smvandyke,
My name is Al Morad, Sales Manager for Axsys Dental Solutions, before you purchase the Ceramill you may want to look at the versamill line of mills. I would be happy to discuss this with you, no pressure of course, just want to give you some insight on mills and their capabilities as opposed to others in the market. Axsys has been in the machining business for many years. We bring a different approach to the dental industry from a machining perspective. Our Application Engineers bring to the table years of machining experience, We like to call this "The Axsys Advantage" Our website is www.axsysdental.com my number is 248-926-8810. I look forward to talking with you.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Annnyway... @smvandyke give CAP a call if you want a quote or have any other questions: 877 977 7889 x 1 or you can email me personally Sam (at) cap-us.com

Thanks! :Rock:

Top Bottom