Ceramill Contacts And Occlusion

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
What are you scanning with? Are you equilibrating your models? Are you adjusting the bite in design? Also what are your preset contact settings? I’m not seeing that in your pictures. Margins look a little thick but we’ve had situations with feather edges where we bulk it up.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello, my lab is having trouble with high occlusions and tight contacts for both digital and stone models. I'm looking for some outside help, these are the parameters that we use for Amann Girrbach Ceramill.
Thank you.
Justin.

View media item 219
View media item 220
View media item 218
Is it every office, every time?
Is it every office and sometimes?
Is it only one practitioner and always?
One practitiner/office and sometimes?

Each of these will have different causes. Lets make sure to fix the right problem.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
In Exocad, I usually Correct antagonist by .3mm down and then in design and adaptation I’ll cut occlusion by .3mm mm also( by checking over all tooth morphology first if attrition etc,) when it comes to adjacent dentition I adapt by three click or less .3mm on crowns between intact dentition and zero adaptation to adjacent when one side contact with proposed crown being restored.
the reason for zero adaptation to one adjacent as you may all know is most temps are fabricated with tight contacts In this situation and could move the preps

Last edited:
Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have EXO also and my adaption for non-equilibrated models is .5mm out of Occlusion, and the contacts are .02mm intrusion on adjacents. When using IOS data, I adjust the bite .48mm out of occlusion and zero on contacts to start then adjust based on Dr. feedback. Hope this helps you, as stated above the parameters you listed have nothing much to do with y0our issues. As JMN stated are these inside the lab issues or Dr.'s? My 2 cents

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
We use the correct to antagonist mode in "Expert" mode under "Antagonist "(follow to bottom of menu list in Expert mode to get there) I typically tap twice on .1mm . This is after eqilibrating models before scanning. Leaves just enough room for MIYO and a final equilibration. This is for Dr's who want to hold & test shimstock at try-in. Those who wish more...more taps but migration will ultimately be the final result home. Only issue is posterior marginal ridges may have a step ^ as a result, something to consider. Learned the "correct to antagonist part from " 2thm8kr"
Great ideas, thanks 2th!! 🙂

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
We use the correct to antagonist mode in "Expert" mode under "Antagonist "(follow to bottom of menu list in Expert mode to get there) I typically tap twice on .1mm . This is after eqilibrating models before scanning. Leaves just enough room for MIYO and a final equilibration. This is for Dr's who want to hold & test shimstock at try-in. Those who wish more...more taps but migration will ultimately be the final result home. Only issue is posterior marginal ridges may have a step ^ as a result, something to consider. Learned the "correct to antagonist part from " 2thm8kr"
Great ideas, thanks 2th!! 🙂
I go back again in Exocad to correct the marginal ridges to equalize to adjacent teeth marginal ridges by applying cut occlusion and contact again to be as close as possible,
2th is not just expert in Exo but expert in taco 🌮 festooning 😊 his advise and others are always appreciated.

Last edited:
Z

ztech

Reaction score
For the original poster, the reply's have pretty much covered how to correct occlusion in exocad but they didn't explain what you change with the settings you posted. All of those settings change the internal fit of the restoration. Although this can have an effect on the occlusion, it shouldn't.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Especially if you clinician does not routinely use a Fit-Checker at the time of seating to verify nothing binding internally.
LCM

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How can intaglio spacer settings affect the occlusion? Am I missing something? Maybe if you make the minimum thickness 1.5mm and you only have 1mm.. but who would do that? Who buys a motion2 and doesnt get trained in how to use it? These are the most basic CAD settings and the OP has no understanding what they do.. Hmmmm2

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying but, if you are somewhat intimidated by the technology or you don't ask questions during your training then some things may not make sense 2 months later when things aren't going quite right.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong Im all for asking questions, I quite honestly feel bad because most 'training' done by resellers etc is very lacking to say the least. I wasnt questioning the competence, just the state of our industry.. carry on.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
State of the industry
Is changing at a rate like never before
The days of the old tech sitting at the bench hand designed and layered restorations of part art and science are falling by the waist side to the next generation of computer designs
I weep for the future
Hard to say what the future will hold for our industry
Sorry for the rant

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the lack of understanding Ive seen lately is astonishing. The prices are down the toilet. Not sure where we go from here. Not sure I even care anymore.

Top Bottom