Ceramic on Ti ?

Dosa Zsolt

Dosa Zsolt

Reaction score
hi,

What ceramic can be fused on Ti frameworks? does Ivoclar has any ?
thanks

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
hi,

thanks
Ivoclar does not. There are only a very view ceramics out there, that can be layered onto Ti. And from what I rmember, it is a PITA to do so and also, if I remember correctly, esthetics is marginal.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Creation TI. I've never used it, so I can't give you any feedback about it.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
I bake to ti with A1 opaque from vita and dentins from Jensen. Only have a few powders because I try only to create a prep form and color to customize for LD or a layered Zirc over top of that. Mainly on narrow implants where I don’t trust the strength of zirc abutment for occlusion, or even on wider platforms when they’re deeply placed. I haven’t had issues with that technique. Having seen others discussion of troubles and failures of full layering back when I started I decided not to do any full building on ti.

C

[email protected]

Reaction score
hi,

thanks
2nd Jensen Creation Ti. Wonderful material. Ti is a unique animal, must follow all steps properly no room for error. I starting working with Ti 12 years ago and learned it from some labs up in Canada. We milled our Ti through Straumann and had great success with the restorations. GC also has a Ti or at least they did. With everything monolithic we do not see much metal. I still have a bunch on the shelf if interested.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Bad idea...I used GC Titanium Porcelain. The application was a little technique sensitive but looked great BUT...they all broke within 3years and lost the account because of it. It's better, especially with the materials out there, to just make a crown go over the top of the Titanium abutment. Even if it's screw retained, put a hole in the crown and cement it on unless you really want to do porcelain then I'd suggest old school UCLA type...better bonding.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Bad idea...I used GC Titanium Porcelain. The application was a little technique sensitive but looked great BUT...they all broke within 3years and lost the account because of it. It's better, especially with the materials out there, to just make a crown go over the top of the Titanium abutment. Even if it's screw retained, put a hole in the crown and cement it on unless you really want to do porcelain then I'd suggest old school UCLA type...better bonding.
I used Weiland porcelain " guaranteed not to chip or de-bond from Zr . NOT!!! Thankfully about the same time some Really decent full contour Zr's came into play. Never looked back since then but certainly do labial cutbacks on some units for micro- layering where critical shade control is required. Typically use MIYO for most cases but layering done with InSync porcelain, followed with MIYO. Absolutely Love MIYO!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I used Weiland porcelain " guaranteed not to chip or de-bond from Zr . NOT!!! Thankfully about the same time some Really decent full contour Zr's came into play. Never looked back since then but certainly do labial cutbacks on some units for micro- layering where critical shade control is required. Typically use MIYO for most cases but layering done with InSync porcelain, followed with MIYO. Absolutely Love MIYO!!!
MIYO is a game changer

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Noritake Ti ceramic is chip and de bonding resistant

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I don’t know what zero zero is going to do ? when Mexicans going to say, immigrants go home😊

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I don’t know what zero zero is going to do ? when Mexicans going to say, immigrants go home😊
Wait until he has to submit to an anal swab . Gringo loco! Asstalvista baby!