cementing emax crowns over metal framework?

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to cement full contour emax crowns to metal framework?
will it work fine by using variolink from ivoclar?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to cement full contour emax crowns to metal framework?
will it work fine by using variolink from ivoclar?

Are you doing it intraoral or extraoral?

Intraoral, I would recommend using Multilink AutoMix. Sandblast the metal, treat metal with Monobond +, etch the lithium Disilicate, treat Lithium Disilicate with Monobond+, bond with Multilink AutoMix, light-cure.

Extraoral, I would recommend using Multilink Hybrid Abutment Cement HO (self-cure only, extra oral use only),Same procedure as above, but no light-cure option.

Here is a link to the IFU for the extraoral procedure: http://www.ivoclarvivadent.com/zoolu-website/media/document/12625/IPS+e-max+Press+Abutment+Solutions

It speaks of abutments, but would be the same for over a metal frame.

K

Kaypan

Reaction score
Patrick,
I have a similar question for you if you don't mind:
I'm doing a full arch implant case, co-cr frame with individual zirconia crowns cemented on top and Nexco gingiva. I've covered the metal with Nexco opaque,dentin and gingiva shade.

How do I pre-treat the light cured opaque to achieve the best bonding to the crowns? And which cement would you recommend?

I could not find this info in the ifu. My plan was to use SR Connect, light cure, and then use either multilink automix or multilink hybrid abutment. Monobond on crowns.

Thanks

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Patrick,
I have a similar question for you if you don't mind:
I'm doing a full arch implant case, co-cr frame with individual zirconia crowns cemented on top and Nexco gingiva. I've covered the metal with Nexco opaque,dentin and gingiva shade.

How do I pre-treat the light cured opaque to achieve the best bonding to the crowns? And which cement would you recommend?

I could not find this info in the ifu. My plan was to use SR Connect, light cure, and then use either multilink automix or multilink hybrid abutment. Monobond on crowns.

Thanks

Kaypan,

Your plan is sound, although maybe a little overkill.

In your case I would personally cement the Crowns first by sandblasting the frame's preps, applying Monobond+, lightly sandblast inside of ZrO2 crowns, apply Monobond+, then cement with Multilink Hybrid Abutment HO0. After all the crowns were cemented I'd sandblast the rest of the frame, apply SrLink to framework, and then apply the Nexco Opaque (Gingival and/or B1 Dentin),and Nexco Gingivals as appropriate.

K

Kaypan

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with the overkill. My idea was since I'm using high trans fcz in the posterior area, I did not want to use the HO-0 cement. Well, I overthinked ☺️
Thank you very much Patrick, best regards

K

Kaypan

Reaction score
Kaypan,

Your plan is sound, although maybe a little overkill.

In your case I would personally cement the Crowns first by sandblasting the frame's preps, applying Monobond+, lightly sandblast inside of ZrO2 crowns, apply Monobond+, then cement with Multilink Hybrid Abutment HO0. After all the crowns were cemented I'd sandblast the rest of the frame, apply SrLink to framework, and then apply the Nexco Opaque (Gingival and/or B1 Dentin),and Nexco Gingivals as appropriate.

Probably not the right place to post, but this was the result. Thanks for the help. I did use Multilink Automix trans. Some of the screwholes have less than optimal placement, but the dentist will use pink and tooth colored composites to cover them.

K

Kaypan

Reaction score
Tried to attach picture, but I get "error occured - picture is too big". The picture is resized and only 374kb. Don´t understand why I get the error.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Probably not the right place to post, but this was the result. Thanks for the help. I did use Multilink Automix trans. Some of the screwholes have less than optimal placement, but the dentist will use pink and tooth colored composites to cover them.

Glad to here it worked out for you. Anywhere you post is fine, and good to hear it helped.