Casting machine

N

Norm9

Reaction score
What type electronic casting machine do you use to cast fixed restorations? Anyone using the Neo Super Cascom? Are you getting better results than a broken arm casting machine?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
We just picked up a Bego Nautilus CC Plus love the thing. We use it for crown an bridge and for our partials. This machine is giving us the best result I've ever seen.

Isn't it a little to much money to invest in though just for crown and bridge with the way our industry is going? Metal will be obsolete one day do you want to make that investment?

N

Norm9

Reaction score
I don't know. That's why I want to find out what other peoples experience has been. Although metal free is getting to be a bigger part of our workflow I don't see PFM's totally disappearing.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I agree with 100%. I can say it is night and day with our machine compared to a broken arm. We just got our Bego 3 weeks ago and only reason we got it is mainly for partials, but for crown and bridge it's a dream.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
There is no question the cascom will give you superior results but the question is how much will you use it and how long will it take to pay it off. The cascom will give you pretty much perfect castings,although with time you WILL need to replace the muffle and it costs around $4000... This was when I sold mine

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I got a Reitel casting machine for sale if you want ...real cheap !

K

KDF US Inc

Reaction score
Neo Super Cascom will give you an edge!

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
We use a SuperCast induction machine, with argon shield.

N

Norm9

Reaction score
How much for the Reitel? Does it work? Why do you want to sell it?

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
i have used reitel induret compact for years love it super reliable and small. Pressure vacuum excellent results induction heating so great for np

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I'm not sure about pricing for it we would have to figure it out, we just found we did really well with our normal casting so the metal guys didn't like it as much. If you are interested PM and we can talk about it.

K

KDF US Inc

Reaction score
The muffle for NEO SUPER CASCOM is only 3000 bucks, not 4000. and it lasts average of 5 to 6 yrs if you are casting less than 5 times a day!

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Morita induction machine with argon

C

crdl

Reaction score
I absolutely love my Neo Cascom. However, I'm considering becoming metal free in the near future, so I may be trading it for a zirconia sintering oven. Overall though, I would never go back to casting with a flame. It's well worth the money. I have never had a miscast that wasn't my fault!

J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
no splash and very few mscasts, but it takes longer and less fun that broken arm casting ;) Neo super cascom that is.

J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
and we still handcast all nonprecious

H

Hallam

Reaction score
I love my super cascom. If you work the muffle price into each casting I works into about $2 a cast if you're doing higher temperature casts. Metal is far denser than flame casts and far less porosity with gold (especially bridges with a thick pontic). You can also train someone to run the machine with no experience in a very short amount of time. KDF has also supplied me with great support.

My 2 cents!

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Bego Nautilus CC. Great machine. very easy, reliable, and accurate.

D

DENTBOSS

Reaction score
have the heracast from hereaus. uses pressure and vacuum, but still casts by eye. it produces very dense castings, no waste and has been trouble free for over 2 years. Just replace a vacuum seal, easy to fix. Had the cascom, what a pain, small curcibles, slow etc. this won't melt Np, use Bego laser sintered for np on the 3 shape. can't beat it.