Carestream intra oral scanners are they any good?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Fellow DLN'ers the title says it all I have been hearing a little bit about them lately .I like a lot of their features but I have never worked with one . I would greatly appreciate anyone sharing their own experience of this particular scanner if they have used it to take a scan or have made models etc from the stl from the scanner itself. Thankyou in advance for your input.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I don't have personal experience with this scanner, but most of the newer IO scanners capture data well. What it mainly boils down to is tissue management and the willingness of the operator to work on their scanning techniques.
It does output unencrypted stl files which is a huge plus.
I have a few Care stream scan files if you want to eyeball them. Just keep in mind they are from a novice operator that doesn't believe in retraction cord.Dontknow

G

grantoz

Reaction score
2thm8kr that would be great to have a look at those files I think its good to see what they are like from both experienced and inexperienced its good indicator of idiotproofness, cool new word.thanks for your help.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They are far superior to cerec but not quite as good as trios.
Again though, the price is less and no renewal fees I think.
Colour scans as well.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
I don't have personal experience with this scanner, but most of the newer IO scanners capture data well. What it mainly boils down to is tissue management and the willingness of the operator to work on their scanning techniques.
It does output unencrypted stl files which is a huge plus.
I have a few Care stream scan files if you want to eyeball them. Just keep in mind they are from a novice operator that doesn't believe in retraction cord.Dontknow
Hi 2thm8kr, can you please send me those files to my email. Thank you

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
2thm8kr that would be great to have a look at those files I think its good to see what they are like from both experienced and inexperienced its good indicator of idiotproofness, cool new word.thanks for your help.

Hi 2thm8kr, can you please send me those files to my email. Thank you

Look for a link to it tomorrow in your pm.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I think they work very well but then I'm a little biased towards them. We sell them

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have a local Doc that bought one and sent me the STL files, I ran them through model builder and it all depends on the scan results, but went through my 3Shape system easy. But there is no way to send files other then dropbox to the lab from dr office. But it is an entry level IO scanner. Cheap simple and like all others if the dr doesn't expose the margin the scan is worthless, same goes for Trios and Itero. But the good thing is there is no middle man like itero to compile the images.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
They are far superior to cerec but not quite as good as trios.
Again though, the price is less and no renewal fees I think.
Colour scans as well.

agree, we accept the scans and have a Dr with a CS scanner... doing most of them modeless now. you need the "all scans" module in 3shape to create models..
I have a local Doc that bought one and sent me the STL files, I ran them through model builder and it all depends on the scan results, but went through my 3Shape system easy. But there is no way to send files other then dropbox to the lab from dr office. But it is an entry level IO scanner. Cheap simple and like all others if the dr doesn't expose the margin the scan is worthless, same goes for Trios and Itero. But the good thing is there is no middle man like itero to compile the images.

They need to sign up for a care stream connect account. Much easier

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You can have them sent via DDX. It is a hippa compliant ftp portal that can be 3Shape enabled. Free for the doc to sign up and $250 per year for the receiving lab. All the cases are kept in a patient folder along with a digital Rx.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You can have them sent via DDX. It is a hippa compliant ftp portal that can be 3Shape enabled. Free for the doc to sign up and $250 per year for the receiving lab. All the cases are kept in a patient folder along with a digital Rx.

Good to know, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
I think that it's one of the worst scanners out there in my opinion. The price matches the poor scan quality.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Did I miss something ?So overall Its a good value machine that does the job at low cost compared to the others, some like certain things about the others but not a total deal breaker except for brian 1981 of course I would like to know why you are so against it brian this would help me and my clients a great deal because we are very sick of paying massive service fees each year for basically a glorified thumb print scanner from a lap top. thanks again for your help guys, this info is some of the most important things that we need to consider for future proofing our businesses if that's possible

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Why dont you have a rep come out to your office and do a demo for you. Then you can actually see first hand

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Ive had that but nothing beats real in the mouth experience. plenty of products look great when the rep shows them to you.we have all been there.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
any news on Medit's release of their IOS "Sender" ?

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
Did I miss something ?So overall Its a good value machine that does the job at low cost compared to the others, some like certain things about the others but not a total deal breaker except for brian 1981 of course I would like to know why you are so against it brian this would help me and my clients a great deal because we are very sick of paying massive service fees each year for basically a glorified thumb print scanner from a lap top. thanks again for your help guys, this info is some of the most important things that we need to consider for future proofing our businesses if that's possible

The overall quality of the scans in my opinion are just poor. For some this scanner may be good. But we are a quality lab... so the quality compared to Trios and 3M TruDef not even close. Like I had said for the price, yes the price is well below the competitors. But then again so is the quality. So pick your poison I guess

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Brian when you mill something from these scans do they come out with poor quality fit ?is it harder to see the margins?.What is it? you seem pretty passionate about it, this info helps a lot as we are a high quality lab also.

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
If you would like I could post photos of the scans that I have received. I won't even proceed with them. I've rejected every scan that I have received because of the quality of the scan.