Can anyone make this model?

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Do you know anyone that can make this model for me? It's from a Cerec scan and the implant is a Nobel Replace WP.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• lower_jaw_with_ditch_#58875274.stl
    15.2 MB · Views: 85
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
YOU'RE SOL big time! That is a glidewell scanbody and glidewell does not have a digital analog to make a model. Your only options iare to design the abutment and make the abutment a removable die. Of send the abutment to the doc, have them seat it then rescan, or split file design abutment and crown in one shot.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Yea its a real pain in the ass. Do you have the cerec library I can use in Exocad? or is that not possible either. The doc was trying to avoid have the patient come back again for a scan.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yea its a real pain in the ass. Do you have the cerec library I can use in Exocad? or is that not possible either. The doc was trying to avoid have the patient come back again for a scan.
Has nothing to do with Cerec. It is not the cerec scan body. Like i said you can design it and make the abutment as a die and try to go that route. Either way you need the glidewell library, not sure if they have an exo veision i have the 3shape one.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
... is that not possible either. The doc was trying to avoid have the patient come back again for a scan.
God forbid....instead lets get you (for free) to get on the internet and brainstorm for an hour or two to figure out how to get the dentist out of doing the work he billed the patient for.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
How about this? print the model, make a jig that captures the adjacent teeth and the scanbody. Get that scanbody from the doc and screw an analog into it. Ream out theat area on the model. Place the analog/scan body into the jig. Pattern resin it into place. Unscrew scan body, place scanbody of you choice into analog and scan as you want. will that work?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
How about this? print the model, make a jig that captures the adjacent teeth and the scanbody. Get that scanbody from the doc and screw an analog into it. Ream out theat area on the model. Place the analog/scan body into the jig. Pattern resin it into place. Unscrew scan body, place scanbody of you choice into analog and scan as you want. will that work?
Geez, doesn’t bringing the patient back for a proper scan seem a bit easier and possibly more accurate way to go?
Not saying it wouldn’t work.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We used to have to do it for the itero models in the "olden days"

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Interesting idea. I'll give it a shot

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Or how about not doing a model at all :D

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Of course. I love losing money on casesCheers