CAM for original Lava Mill

C

CADL

Reaction score
Curious to what people who are still running the original Lava mills are using as their CAM software (using 3shape for CAD.) Debating on if it's worth it to upgrade to preciso cam (exocam) or look into outside CAM providers. Any feedback on experience with preciso cam is welcome too. Thanks.

Z

Zach@GWD

Reaction score
We're running Lava Form and using the Lava 7 CAM Module (design from 3shape). Never had an issue. I'd say the software has more capabilities than the mill itself.

C

CadCamTech

Reaction score
Preciso CAM is Hyperdent based like Lava 7 CAM, so similar interface and workflow. Preciso CAM has updated strategies for Jensen wax and PMMA, and can also read 3shape .pts files when importing parts so no manual margin marking.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have F1ve Lava forms running sum3d. We sell this as a package with software, custom Aluminum frames, and custom Zirconia for Eight molars per block.
Not Six units, like you get with Jensen and 3M frames.

We stock 10,12,14,16,18,20,and 25mm thick blocks in Two different grades. Soon will add a third type of Zirconia called XHT. (Extreme High-Trans.)

To do this....the frame needs to machined out of Metal to hold it's shape in the machine's grippers without distorting.

Scott

L

LarryT1

Reaction score
lava 5 was the best everything fit spot on. they "ruined" it with 7

dswilliams

dswilliams

Reaction score
I have F1ve Lava forms running sum3d. We sell this as a package with software, custom Aluminum frames, and custom Zirconia for Eight molars per block.
Not Six units, like you get with Jensen and 3M frames.

We stock 10,12,14,16,18,20,and 25mm thick blocks in Two different grades. Soon will add a third type of Zirconia called XHT. (Extreme High-Trans.)

To do this....the frame needs to machined out of Metal to hold it's shape in the machine's grippers without distorting.

Scott

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hello,

So, we are selling this for around $7400.

I give credit for used Lava ST scanners if you have One to trade......or you can add the real exocad to your existing lava scanner as another option?

Scott @ 804-285-0777

I'll be in Texas soon. Next week or two.....Houston, Fort Worth, and also Laredo messing around with 3d printers in those citys.

But, install and training can be done by remote just as well.

Top Bottom