callisto cp

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Has anyone use Ivoclar's Callisto CP Plus? Want to control some costs on lesser paying accounts. I will be putting Creation CC on it. Ugly green oxide layer after casting.:confused:

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I was using spartan plus and in-line with success. Not sure about callisto cp plus.

Why dont you switch to a cheaper porc? In-line will save some costs.

I dont know what creation costs a bottle but d.sign costs 33.00 vs in-line 24.00

e.max is 48.00 a bottle...... arghhhhh

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Spartan plus doesnt have any green color after casting.

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
spartan plus and in-line with success

Travis,
who makes the spartan plus

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
In-line will save some costs.

I dont know what creation costs a bottle but d.sign costs 33.00 vs in-line 24.00

where did you get a price of $24 for in-line i was told $32 per 20 gram
creation is the same price per 20 gram

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, I meant Pieces Plus from Ivoclar. My bad, been a rough day.

I am getting it for 11.00 a packet.

Spartan Plus is there semi precious silver free metal.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
The in-line price is from there 2010-2011 catalog.

20g=24.00

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
how much is that?

ok i have the 2009/2010 catalog it has it listed at $32
i have to get a new cataloog-LOL
thank you

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure what the current price of Spartan Plus is. Its not cheap...lol

Ivoclar lowered the prices for in-line. I am all for that....

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
all alloys have been climbing ridiculously in cost for well over a year. alloy is 130% the cost of what it was 14 months ago or so. i did some checking on some alloys today. Gold was $1367.00. Platinum, $1811, Palladium $795 and Silver $28.50. gold and palladium have risen the most dramatically. every lab buddy have done due diligence on finding ways to reduce PFM's - zirconia and e.max lithium disilicate are fantastic alternatives. yes, i know many dentists are resistant to change, but many are not and have been open to trying the metal-free restorations not to mention reducing their crown costs in many cases. the technology and materials are here for us. alloy certainly will not go away but there are metal free choices that not only are strong enough, but esthetically are superior to PFM's.
spartan plus went for $695 today and the callisto cp+ is $223. quite the spread! BUT....i have tried the cp+ and it does cast and metal finish like a non-precious. it is 40% cobalt (which causes the olive-greyish/blue oxide) and 25% palladium. you can recast buttons mixed with at least 60% new alloy. (the only other options are the high palladium - like 62-65% combined with high sliver - say 25-35%) i didnt want to mess around with the high silver alloys and muffle contaminations. the callisto cp+ worked ok, but i dedicated myself to doing more e.max and metal free. much, more profitable and esthetic. the full contour metal free restorations are stronger than we need them to be!
hope this is some good information. you just have to be diligent & creative when working with your dentists to persuade them that you have metal free options that are working very successfully. i offered the 10 year clinical reports on lithium disilicate and coupons to get going and it worked very well.
alloy in my opinion is not going to drop in price anytime soon, so it will be to your advantage to get started right away.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
So is callisto cp+ a semi precious?

I missed that one. I thought it was base.

Sorry Greg, I thought you were looking for a cheaper alt to semi precious metals.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
We tried callisto when it first came out not sure if its been reformulated since, but we had a hell of a time casting it and when we were able to the green was almost impossible to remove at the margins. After a lot of back and forth with Ivoclar we found out many labs were having the same problems. We went back to Spartan and its nice just frikin' expensive now, more than 3x as much than when we first started using it.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
So is callisto cp+ a semi precious?

I missed that one. I thought it was base.

Sorry Greg, I thought you were looking for a cheaper alt to semi precious metals.

it is a semi-precious Travis. it is nothing like spartan plus however. as i mentioned it has handling properties right on par to that of a non-precious alloy. if you can cast (the callisto doesnt "pool" like spartan plus) and metal finish non-precious, you can work with callisto, but to compare it to spartan plus is like comparing apples to oranges.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
We tried callisto when it first came out not sure if its been reformulated since, but we had a hell of a time casting it and when we were able to the green was almost impossible to remove at the margins. After a lot of back and forth with Ivoclar we found out many labs were having the same problems. We went back to Spartan and its nice just frikin' expensive now, more than 3x as much than when we first started using it.

yep they did reformulate the original callisto. it was just called callisto cp. the oxide is more of a olive/blue/grey. i actually very lightly (1 bar of pressure) abraded the oxide layer, still leaving some behind and then scrubbed in my first opaque really well. i bumped the 1st opaque high temp by 20 celcius to really bake it into the oxide. i switched to spartan also, but having these talks has me thinking again. i slowed cooled everything also because of the higher CTE. doing more metal free as i mentioned above is the best solution these days. things are not going to change.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
yep they did reformulate the original callisto. it was just called callisto cp. the oxide is more of a olive/blue/grey. i actually very lightly (1 bar of pressure) abraded the oxide layer, still leaving some behind and then scrubbed in my first opaque really well. i bumped the 1st opaque high temp by 20 celcius to really bake it into the oxide. i switched to spartan also, but having these talks has me thinking again. i slowed cooled everything also because of the higher CTE. doing more metal free as i mentioned above is the best solution these days. things are not going to change.

I hear you. We're paying almost as much for Spartan as we are Midi-50, something doesn't seem right there. I'll have to check in to callisto Monday morning. Been doing a lot more emax lately and would love to see more cases go that way. Usually when the drs. call up griping about alloy charges its pretty easy to convert them to emax, and judging by the steady increase in alloy prices I'm hoping for a lot more converts.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I tried the Callisto on 4 crowns, it was so nasty looking on the inside of the crown I sandblasted after glazing.....I bet many docs would think it NP.
Most of my years in the lab I've used Noble alloys like Argelite 61, Superior, and now Design 59 which have light oxides and aprox 60-61 pd and 25-28 ag.
Zirconia, milled or sintered ? NP-nickel free, and emax are looking better and better these days........
Can't wait to throw out my casting machine........ may take pictures !

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Callisto CP does handle like Np, it is considered a Noble metal, and one nice thing is that it is price stable no market fluctuations......I found it worked well with InLine, not sure how it wouold work with another porcelain from another company. I hate casting no matter what it is......work your doctors towards all ceramic or Zr.

I

Izzy

Reaction score
I use the Neo Super Cascom casting machine can somebody give me some tips on casting Callisto CP+ I'm having a hard time and I really don't want to quit this metal is very cheap and the result is nice but the casting is driving me crazy, Please some help.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
run, dont walk, from callisto IMHO
same with the Argen NF

they both are called semiprecious but are really more of a base alloy. and neither offer anything better than NP or semiprecious that ive seen.
just my two cents!

kristine

kristine

Reaction score
how much is that?

ok i have the 2009/2010 catalog it has it listed at $32
i have to get a new cataloog-LOL
thank you

Please let me know too if there is a semi precious silver free metal :)