CAD software systems

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm ditching exocad for sirona's software. So easy a college student can do it better then a bunch of old analog techs resisting change.
Isn't that goran dude the one that invented the dtg masters of the universe group?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
That's it. Roll up the carpet, we've been turned into appliance operators.
Or.
Maybe this winner has some amazing latent talent

My curiosity, no, suspicion, is high as to why that would even be included in a Dental Lab competition, Paid advertisment?
neither. consider the following:

sirona is not a software that LAB OPERATORS use daily. thus, when LAB OPERATORS get thrust into this unfamiliar environment, they try very hard to do things based on the experiences taught from previous software. when 3shape gives you high degree of flexibility, and exocad offers amazing control the operators of these softwares look for similar methodology to get from A to B

any kid off the street learning how software works for the first time is more easily molded in its ways after just a few short tutorials. less mistakes, quicker to get to end goal.

besides which its an convention of sirona. the labs attending this are ones looking to network with sirona docs to take files.

i dont think many labs could give less of a $hit about 5 grand. you can make that in a day in a small implant case.

so it should come as no surprise.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's it. Roll up the carpet, we've been turned into appliance operators.
Or.
Maybe this winner has some amazing latent talent

My curiosity, no, suspicion, is high as to why that would even be included in a Dental Lab competition, Paid advertisment?
Its like Dewalt holding an endo competition.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
also the phrase "I think he ultimately won because he let the software work for him" is code for "he let the software do its autoplacement and submitted it and was about the only candidate to finish in the alotted time"

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
neither. consider the following:

sirona is not a software that LAB OPERATORS use daily. thus, when LAB OPERATORS get thrust into this unfamiliar environment, they try very hard to do things based on the experiences taught from previous software. when 3shape gives you high degree of flexibility, and exocad offers amazing control the operators of these softwares look for similar methodology to get from A to B

any kid off the street learning how software works for the first time is more easily molded in its ways after just a few short tutorials. less mistakes, quicker to get to end goal.

besides which its an convention of sirona. the labs attending this are ones looking to network with sirona docs to take files.

i dont think many labs could give less of a $hit about 5 grand. you can make that in a day in a small implant case.

so it should come as no surprise.
They were allowed to use Exo, 3S, DW or iLab.
The InLab being included at all was a tip off, and why the suspicion comment.

The judges had to know who was using what as they weren't about to let them sinter stain and glaze and let their college kid get shown up.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
They were allowed to use Exo, 3S, DW or iLab.
The InLab being included at all was a tip off, and why the suspicion comment.

The judges had to know who was using what as they weren't about to let them sinter stain and glaze and let their college kid get shown up.
Are you implying the college student was a plant for a marketing event??

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Are you implying the college student was a plant for a marketing event??
Wherever would you get such an underhanded conniving devious idea. Oh, right. It's Sirona.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Marketing is similar to a vaudeville act.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
is that website even serious