Cad/Cam Temporaries?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have a doctor who wants us to create temporaries from a waxup we did for teeth 6-11. Can this be done with Cad/Cam? I have a DWOS 3 Series. I don't know how I could do this on this scanner without having a prepped model with a removable waxup. Is there another way? We are going to be purchasing a 3Shape at the end of the year. How would a 3Shape scanner handle this? Any feedback is greatly appreciated, as always.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
In 3Shape you can morph the design to fit the per-preperation scan automatically.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
You can scan the sectioned model , and add the wax up model as a wax up . After scanning , you can choose ''adapt to wax up'' , and you have copied the waxup .

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Use the 3shape for this purpose all the time works really good.

RockyMark

RockyMark

Reaction score
Yes you can do this with Cad/Cam. You can get very nice structure of the tooth very precise with CAD/CAM system. It’s a time-saving and perfect copying of teeth.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
The hardest part with any of the systems is stitching the wax up model to the working model. Common information is essential. We will often use an uncut model and plug in our working die scans individually. This gives you more landmarks for orienting. Also creating a key that is transferable from model to model works fair when model quality is lower.

Top Bottom