Cad/Cam question

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Our system (Everest) was the second one to be certified by Ivoclar but I still wont do emax on it as it just takes too long. I'm with BobCDT just press it. I think if I had to wait for 25 units of emax to be milled I would go insane.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
8 hours on the DMG - go on you know you want one!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
So you have a DMG at the lab in Scotland Colin or is this mill at another laboratory?

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
The DMG all the Core3d Centers run would not fit our building apparently they would shake the building its self (Did hear of one lab who had to get the lab underpinned as the dynamic loading was too much for the foundations) -that plus the UK market makes it harder to justify such a large piece of equipment - we currently anticipate getting the new smaller machine by early next year, till then our milling partners are running the Emax.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
8 hours on the DMG - go on you know you want one!

Hi Colin. I would love to have a DMG those bad boys are fantastic. Seen a video of a screw retained abutment in about 12min, really cool. Got my eye on a smaller version the Evo50 looks like its more than up to the job.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I have been using a scanner utilizing white light technology and have now decided to move on to a 3shape. My question is will the 3shape read the details without powdering the model as well as the white light technology? I did not have to use powder at all with the system I am replacing. Just curious.

Thanks,
Jason

Diadem Precision

Diadem Precision

Reaction score
Our system (Everest) was the second one to be certified by Ivoclar but I still wont do emax on it as it just takes too long. I'm with BobCDT just press it. I think if I had to wait for 25 units of emax to be milled I would go insane.

Wow - I didn't realize it takes so long on other mills.
We mill e.MAX on Roeders in about 20 min/unit. That's an average - molars might take a bit longer because of the anatomy and the anteriors much less.
And it's still not where we like it to be - I think that 10-12 minutes is where the time should be. And that is coming - we're constantly improving the templates.

Diadem Precision

Diadem Precision

Reaction score
I have been using a scanner utilizing white light technology and have now decided to move on to a 3shape. My question is will the 3shape read the details without powdering the model as well as the white light technology? I did not have to use powder at all with the system I am replacing. Just curious.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,

when using 3Shape the only elements that need to be powdered are "shiny" surfaces like wax, abutments - both zirconia and titanium. You will not be disapointed by this system.

Mitch

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Mitch, I just want to say how impressed I was with the case today. I had no idea your material was that nice. It was a piece of cake using your Diazir stain kit. I think I could get it real close to normal pfm quality easily. Thanks again for your help and you guys are the reason I am going 3shape;)

Diadem Precision

Diadem Precision

Reaction score
Glad to hear you like it.
Look forward to do business with you in the future.

Mitch

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I have been using a scanner utilizing white light technology and have now decided to move on to a 3shape"

What was the problem with the white light scanner, i thought these were more accurate?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am in the market for an open scanner. 3shape seems to be the top in the open field. I still may stay with the one I have just looking.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
might be worth taking a look at the solutionix one.

As far as im aware you could buy the 3shape software seperate and use it with this scanner, not sure how it would work out price wise.

Depends if you want the increased accuracy of white light or not.