Cad Cam PMMA Temps

L

lilshow1255

Reaction score
Hi,

I've gotten a request from a dentist about doing a cad/cam provisional restoration. I was wondering how much to charge for them? How much to charge for a solid vs. a multi layered restoration? What is the avg. rate for these pmma provisional restorations? Thanks for any input in advance.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
might want to check local pricing... can you mill them in house... start off with "your" cost breakdown.
"next day service" raise the price.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Using Ivoclar Telio. $65/unit. We mill tem in house on a Wieland Select and they come off the model looking almost polished. Very little post-production work is needed.

L

lilshow1255

Reaction score
Yes we would be milling them in house. I found in the lmt magazine the pricing to be $76 on a national avg. That should be a good place to start. Thanks for the info.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I sell mono shade pmma $40-45 & 5 layer pmma $89-$99 If your interested.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I sell them for 29 dollars out the door, did a cost analysis on them it cost us less than 4 dollars/unit labor and time to make and that was a 130 dollar puck. Ron (TD dental supply) can surely do better than that. We do them almost everyday now, great little money booster for very little effort. Been doing a ton more on implants w/temp. abutments.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I sell them for 29 dollars out the door, did a cost analysis on them it cost us less than 4 dollars/unit labor and time to make and that was a 130 dollar puck. Ron (TD dental supply) can surely do better than that. We do them almost everyday now, great little money booster for very little effort. Been doing a ton more on implants w/temp. abutments.

Rob the thing with temps is yes they take little labor but if you are milling your own you need to factor in what you mill could be doing instead and what margins you are making on those products. Mill time really only comes into play if you have the mill booked.

We mill plastic at night when we are not milling full arch ZI's. All singles and small bridges mill during the day and sinter the same day milled. Bigger cases and plastic mill after hours unattended with the select via the changer. I feel I am making my machine to work 2 shifts this way.

We charge 40 for singles and 45 for bridge work up to 6 units anything more is charged out a flat rate arch. Any mock with gingiva/full arch has a flat rate based on number of fixtures.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hey John, you bring up something to me I've wanted to ask for awhile but keep forgetting. For the folks who have a mill, what do you do with your air compressor?...leave it running all night?...have a timer?

B

BDC

Reaction score
Rob the thing with temps is yes they take little labor but if you are milling your own you need to factor in what you mill could be doing instead and what margins you are making on those products. Mill time really only comes into play if you have the mill booked.

We mill plastic at night when we are not milling full arch ZI's. All singles and small bridges mill during the day and sinter the same day milled. Bigger cases and plastic mill after hours unattended with the select via the changer. I feel I am making my machine to work 2 shifts this way.

We charge 40 for singles and 45 for bridge work up to 6 units anything more is charged out a flat rate arch. Any mock with gingiva/full arch has a flat rate based on number of fixtures.

Hey John, you bring up something to me I've wanted to ask for awhile but keep forgetting. For the folks who have a mill, what do you do with your air compressor?...leave it running all night?...have a timer?

I was wondering the same thing too.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yep I leave it on all night. on occasion the mill is still running when I walk in the door in the am. With an 8 disk changer the night shift sometimes runs into the day shift :)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Rob, even though I'm not as busy as John I see no sense in turning off the mill compressor. It's good to have it ready at any moment. I tried pmma from a number of different sources, and for the price, I would recommend TD Dental and of course Sagemaxx Brylic is pretty (I've tried the entire price range from $180 and down). I'm only @ $39/unit, but I look at it as a method of locking in the case, and already having a design ready to use assuming no major changes have been made.

Top Bottom