Bridge Advice

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
agree with implant, just make damn sure you have a good surgeon that at least uses surgical guides and hopefully cone beams also. I'm dealing with a full mouth fixed implant restoration case now and this surgeon must have been drunk when he placed them. Its actually going to end up being a malpractice situation. I watched this patient loose 2 implants during a try-in visit Thursday. Bad situation.
Nice to know the "cowboys" are still out there... jeez, I thought we were finally past that kind of crap.

P.S. Make sure the restoring Dr has a working knowledge of how implants play into mutually protected occlusion.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Go with the implant if possible, if not, then go with a Maryland bridge either non precious or zirconium. When I worked at the dental school at the University of Washington, we did a long term study of Maryland bridges. They were never ment to be anything but temporary but they last a long time. Up to 7 years. They where basically no prep non precious and either etched or silicoated for bonding.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Go with the implant if possible, if not, then go with a Maryland bridge either non precious or zirconium. When I worked at the dental school at the University of Washington, we did a long term study of Maryland bridges. They were never ment to be anything but temporary but they last a long time. Up to 7 years. They where basically no prep non precious and either etched or silicoated for bonding.
My only concern with a Maryland type bridge is the stress from canine guidance. In order to protect the bridge you'd have to forgo that, and I don't know that that's a great idea.

taha

taha

Reaction score
There is type of bridge name Maryland Bridges it is good like this case