Biohorizon part compatibility with other systems?

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
i have a bio horizon 3.5 laserlock. Looking to use a stock zirc part and modify to my liking. I don't like their selection, also not interested in hybrid design. Was told other systems work with their parts. I tried a zimmer part, seemed to fit well to their analog. So, I would like to order what I like from another company? Looking for your knowledge and experience.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You are looking for solid zirconia abutment to include Zr interface?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Most solid Zr abutments have been taken off the market because of fracturing and the micro movement of the abutment wears the internal
aspect of the implant interface. Not sure you will easily find one. Hybrids suck, but probably a better option.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Most solid Zr abutments have been taken off the market because of fracturing and the micro movement of the abutment wears the internal
aspect of the implant interface. Not sure you will easily find one. Hybrids suck, but probably a better option.

Thanks. Of course I don't want anything to break, but I'd go with the part or screw before the implant. I was wandering about zimmer, it has that ti ring pressed to part for interface. I may do ucla and opaque for the heavy angles I have to deal with. I'm not digital so Ive stayed away from hybrids, plus I don't see them doing well when strongly angled. I never get what I want when I handout design, even when I've stood over someone's shoulder and said " yeah, that's what I want ".

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I may do ucla and opaque for the heavy angles I have to deal with.
That is going to be the way to go if you have serious angulation to correct especially if you are not digital. No two techs see the same solution.
I used to make everything I wanted by hand and then send it for copy milling and I still didn't always get what I wanted.:banghead:

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I was going to...then I'm not. I just don't have an answer.

Top Bottom