Best Solution for My Scenario

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
1 man implants/ceramist cad/cam hold out ever since shipping back the NobleProcera scanner after the initial open beta run. Have friends that like their 3Shape scanner. Will be in Chicago to look at options.

Have several clients whom own Cerac systems, on called me today having just updated to digital impressions that he can do his own digital die trims and send out. Sales person told him to send to his files to Glidewell. He wants to send to me. I wont buy from Paterson Dental nor own Sirona.

So heres what Im looking for;
1. Be able to receive digital impression data from multiple sources and design case/framewrk/implant abutments.

2. Be able to then send the data for model milling/printing and coping/framewrk to a milling center of my choosing.

3. Be able to scan & design from regular impression/models including multiple implant platforms.

I doubt there are any single solutions but Im looking for what might cover most. Even if the solution calls for 3rd party file conversion (which I've seen discussed here),if the dentist can send to me, I can get the file converted and back to me so I can finalize designing and have models/ZR coping made is acceptable.

/long winded OFF

Thanks,
Rex
------

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I swear every other thread is asking which scanner to buy...the things you are looking for can be found in the major players. I would recommend 3Shape or the exocad/medit scanner combo (Origin). Can't go wrong with either one, although I'm not sure if you can build the models directly from the Origin system, but if you can get an STL out of it then you can get a printed model.

Top Bottom