Best sintering oven for small lab

A

Adam9

Reaction score
Guys,

I am searching for a sintering oven for a small lab, I would like to know what you think about the Shenpaz Sintra oven or the Novux. The only reason I mentioned these two ovens is because the big bucks suppliers are recommending them! Any thoughts?

What other options do I have keeping in mind that it must be bottom entry and has molybdenum disilicide element and can reach a max Temp of 1650 ( or 1800 ) degrees.

How about a fast cycle sintering? what is the fastest sintering cycle for a full zirconia crown that can still produce a decent looking crown?

your help and your contributions to this pool of thoughts is highly appreciated!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
How about a fast cycle sintering? what is the fastest sintering cycle for a full zirconia crown that can still produce a decent looking crown?
That is more a result of a Zirconia substrate designed with that in mind than which oven you put it in.

cipro

cipro

Reaction score
Shenpaz Sintra and the Novux seem to be the same oven

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The Sintra is built form off-the-shelf parts which can be replaced quite cheapo from non "dental" sources in case they fail...also uses a standard heating element size what can be ordered direct from the manufacturer at the 3rd of the cost you see from the dental resellers....;) Basic concept, dumb controller... but very well built. No "quick" 2h cycles, schedule yer work for overnight cycles and you'll be golden....

Z

zahni

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Also looking for a sintering furnace, but there are so many out there, bottom or front entry, speed or normal, cheap chinese or german ones ... That makes it quite difficult. Perhaps some of you can give us some advise what is realy important on these furnaces if you want to start into the zirconium biz.

Thanks

A

Adam9

Reaction score
That is more a result of a Zirconia substrate designed with that in mind than which oven you put it in.
true. I guess my question meant to be : what ovens do have a fast sintering cycle AND what you guys think of the quality of these fast sintered crowns

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
There are more than a couple of issues I would suggest you look at:

1. Heating Element differences: Go do research on the different types of elements and their variations. SiC vs. MoSi2 vs. MoSi2 Super
2. Capacities: Capacities vary from oven to oven...ask for tray size in mm or cm not, "how many units"
3. Program capability (# of stages): Ask how many programs you can store and how many stages you can program
4. Cooling features: How well does the furnace control cooling, how does it work?

Speed can be used, but only for a few units at a time. The result degrade the more units you add, but this is furnace dependent. Most labs find out that it is more efficient to run long cycles with full trays, rather than short cycles with a few units. Some furnaces will claim to have it all figured out, but that is only for specific zirconia's they have partnered with. Find out the limitation and capabilities of the zirconia you want to use or will be using. This will more adequately help you decide which oven to buy.

If you are looking at high translucent zirconias with high temperatures above 1500C, really pay attention to element differences and life spans.

A

Adam9

Reaction score
There are more than a couple of issues I would suggest you look at:

1. Heating Element differences: Go do research on the different types of elements and their variations. SiC vs. MoSi2 vs. MoSi2 Super
2. Capacities: Capacities vary from oven to oven...ask for tray size in mm or cm not, "how many units"
3. Program capability (# of stages): Ask how many programs you can store and how many stages you can program
4. Cooling features: How well does the furnace control cooling, how does it work?

Speed can be used, but only for a few units at a time. The result degrade the more units you add, but this is furnace dependent. Most labs find out that it is more efficient to run long cycles with full trays, rather than short cycles with a few units. Some furnaces will claim to have it all figured out, but that is only for specific zirconia's they have partnered with. Find out the limitation and capabilities of the zirconia you want to use or will be using. This will more adequately help you decide which oven to buy.

If you are looking at high translucent zirconias with high temperatures above 1500C, really pay attention to element differences and life spans.
Thank you, this is helpful

Aggrey Abwonza

Aggrey Abwonza

Reaction score
What would be the most preferred scanner, designing software and milling machine, for a person who intends to put up a small cost effective lab. If you can include prices I will appreciate. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

zahni

Reaction score
Anyone has an opinion on Vita Zyrcomat 6000 MS?

Gesendet von meinem F3112 mit Tapatalk

Top Bottom