Best milling program?

I

Iskander

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Amann Girbach Mikro X5 and I want another milling program as I find the Ceramill motion very basic and inefficient.
Could you please tell me which program I should purchase.
Thanks

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Could you please tell me which program I should purchase.
Here's the latest CAM soft market share diagram I could find, I don't see many mainstream players venture into the super narrow "dental segment" per se Stupido3

img_60a013f19879c.png

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Here's the latest CAM soft market share diagram I could find, I don't see many mainstream players venture into the super narrow "dental segment" per se Stupido3

View attachment 42280

Fun fact: hyperDENT was born from hyperMILL, which won the Gold Customer Satisfaction award in this survey 🥳

A more comprehensive market analysis was done by CIMdata, and in 2021, the hyperMILL brand was ranked 4th largest in market share (5.4%) behind the behemoths. They're a popular choice for complex 5X and 3+2 cycles. Their sample parts are a true testament to their (AKA our) capabilities - I snagged a couple photos at IMTS a few years ago:

hyperDENT_hyperMILL_net.jpg

hyperDENT_hyperMILL_helmet.jpg

@Iskander, sorry this post is a bit off-topic. But to answer your question, only the Motion 2s and older 4X AG mills can be ran with hyperDENT software.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just shows you why a solid application engineer should be behind your CAM program, one who has engineered the process of machining from start to finish, for best results, everytime.

I

Iskander

Reaction score
Fun fact: hyperDENT was born from hyperMILL, which won the Gold Customer Satisfaction award in this survey 🥳

A more comprehensive market analysis was done by CIMdata, and in 2021, the hyperMILL brand was ranked 4th largest in market share (5.4%) behind the behemoths. They're a popular choice for complex 5X and 3+2 cycles. Their sample parts are a true testament to their (AKA our) capabilities - I snagged a couple photos at IMTS a few years ago:

View attachment 42282

View attachment 42281

@Iskander, sorry this post is a bit off-topic. But to answer your question, only the Motion 2s and older 4X AG mills can be ran with hyperDENT software.
So what should I take to run my 5x?

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
So what should I take to run my 5x?

My apologies, the most relevant part of my post got buried at the end of my ramblings about hyperMILL:
But to answer your question, only the Motion 2s and older 4X AG mills can be ran with hyperDENT software.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You get what you pay for.. and pay for and pay for.....

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
A more comprehensive market analysis was done by CIMdata, and in 2021, the hyperMILL brand was ranked 4th largest in market share (5.4%) behind the behemoths.
I'd love to see your source

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I find Hyperdent to be slow for the average case. I currently use both Delcam and Hyperdent on my 5xs. Calculations and milling time are probobly 25 to 30% longer in Hyperdent.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
My VHF can start milling about 5 seconds after I run the calculation in VHF CAM, and continues while its milling. With hyperdent, I have to wait several minutes to find out the calculation failed, Ive had to abandon hyperdent because of lack of reseller support and too many cases that would not calculate a toolpath. Sorry greeny, youve always been a great help!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I find Hyperdent to be slow for the average case. I currently use both Delcam and Hyperdent on my 5xs. Calculations and milling time are probobly 25 to 30% longer in Hyperdent.
It probably isn't the software it's probably the computer. As software evolves and gets better and better, it takes stronger processing power to run them effectively. Just my 2 cents.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It probably isn't the software it's probably the computer. As software evolves and gets better and better, it takes stronger processing power to run them effectively. Just my 2 cents.
Dental CAM runs canned cycles... ya know?