Best Die Spacers?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Tak is awesome, you have to have thinner or you will get bubbles. Keep it at a thin consistency and do 2 coats. Best ive used, but dont use any now. GC multisep is amazing, and about all I use for porc margins.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
interesting, never heard of a removable spacer.....
Rubber sep works the same way
Drug store products dry too slow. I like blue for castings, helps you see where it may hang up. This Garreco blue works just fine here. Dries in three min. Some products even dry too fast before you even apply. View attachment 19932
Check this thread also.
http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/die-spacer.20150/#post-178431

That's why I liked it. It didn't dry very fast and you could get an even, smooth coat it, Set it in front of a fan dried in 5-10min. Its not like your doing 5 coats. 10-20 min in between doing other things I don't see as a huge deal.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
image.jpeg The bottles of spacer I have all dried up, I am looking at them now and they are looking back at me feeling abandoned after digital :(

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
To me, not having to seal dies and put die spacer on and dip/marginate copings is one of the best advantages of digitizing workflow. It takes me less than 5 minutes working time after I trim my die, to have a HN coping on that die (2 days later). I would never go back.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
image.jpeg How do you feel now a days my die spacer friend?. Not too good my friend!!, do't feel rejected and stashed away in some dark place?. Yes!!. Even you golden color is not helping you!!, We hate digital!!

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No die spacer since going digital

I'm starting to find that to be the case for me, too. I do seal my margins after scanning and milling my wax patterns to help keep them from abrading. I did use die space after scanning and milling, just to help dial in my die spacer settings in 3Shape, to help confirm it being close to the same as far as fit, and what the Dr's were used to getting when I was hand waxing everything.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
die spacer!

DSC_0954_zpskt98pv54.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Like, Creative and Funny, Tayebdental, you are really on a roll, today :)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
My friend car54, do'nt think that we need to inject some fun in this business :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Absolutely agree friend, and you hit it out of the ballpark this morning :) Thanks for my mornings laughs and smiles :)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Go to the hobby shop and get model airplane dope.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Aero Gloss Hot Fuel Proof dope was what we used for ever. Unfortunately, it's no longer made. I think the factory burned? or blew up? or something?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Aero Gloss Hot Fuel Proof dope was what we used for ever. Unfortunately, it's no longer made. I think the factory burned? or blew up? or something?
It was over run by a bunch of huffers. It is still made, it is just horded and never makes it to market.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It was over run by a bunch of huffers. It is still made, it is just horded and never makes it to market.
Good stuff. Prolly cost me more than a few brain cells.