astra ball abutment 2.68 mm diametre.

C

chr1978

Reaction score
We need some retension caps for an old denture. The ball of the abutment have a diametre of 2,68 mm. I think they are Astra but I could be wrong. We cannot get them from Astra anymore. Please help me. Who sells different sizes?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
We need some retension caps for an old denture. The ball of the abutment have a diametre of 2,68 mm. I think they are Astra but I could be wrong. We cannot get them from Astra anymore. Please help me. Who sells different sizes?
If you can't find anything you can always have the Dr. place some polyether imp material in a prepared undercut housing in the denture. I worked with a prostodontist who thought this up and works great, would easily last 6 months between recall appts. He actually developed a ball implant system for overdentures using this as retention. Dr. Philip Watson, amazing talent...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
If you can't find anything you can always have the Dr. place some polyether imp material in a prepared undercut housing in the denture. I worked with a prostodontist who thought this up and works great, would easily last 6 months between recall appts. He actually developed a ball implant system for overdentures using this as retention. Dr. Philip Watson, amazing talent...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
You could also use soft reline material, Lusi-Sof, Permasoft, Molloplast, are just a few that come to mind that would work.

M

mptz

Reaction score
2.68 is anylos
2.2 is astra /straumann get them from ceka

Top Bottom