Artimax vs Wow

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Aritmax.I prefer the walled clear quadrant version .Very clean and simple to work with.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Atrimax! The WOW is flimsy, thus not as accurate. There is a new one to the market called "Mainstay" from Whipmix, available through Zahn. You can get a free sample form Whipmix's website. They are comparable to the Artimax.

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
I have tried both, and I like the Artimax better. For some reason I am still using the WOW though. Every time the articulator hinge breaks, or I have to fight to get the pins to seat through the plastic I ask myself why I haven't switched back.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
We are trying the ones from whip mix right now virtually the same as artimax. Between artimax and wow I like artimax.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
We've used wow's for many years. It's how you use them, since they aren't very stable. Currently trying out Monotrac based on recommendations on this site.

B

bestlook

Reaction score
Artimax is the best plastic articulator easy simple and fast i tried all of the others Wow is the worst

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
I use Wow and the Whip mix, i use more of wow, and again its the way you use it, mine come of very stable, i have been using for long time. Lately because
of cad cam i am using the Vita disposable articulator.

W

WDAman

Reaction score
Monotrac, Monotrac, Monotrac, though I still do use solid-models to check contacts, just in case. And yse, I have tried both WoW and Artimax. My question is, Why would you ever want to use a pin when you don't have to?, or are the newer artimax articulators pin-free?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Artimax. But I don't understand why someone would like the walled ones. You can't really see if the die seats or not.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Niether, I prefer cbite or monotrac.

Checked out the Whipmix mainstay, and its a complete ripoff of the cbite sPin articulator.. If I remember correctly, cbite had to stop making these becaue of patent infringement of another tray..

Last edited:
J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
Both are junk, but i think artimax is the better choice of the two

M

MikeLee@ B&D Dental

Reaction score
Thank you for your support with our ARTIMAX Articulators, its nice to see the appreciation for our product. I encourge anyone who has any questions about our products or would like to receive a free trial kit on the Artimax Articulators to contact me [email protected] or visit our website ORIGIN CAD CAM or Artimax.Thanks

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Artimax absolutely wins.
Better indexing because of without worrying about a single tiny dust speck clogging the tiny index lines of wow especially on bridges and arches.

Hinges are far more stable, with thicker supports,, allowing for better articulation adjustments by flaming/heatgun

Rear pin stops can be added and glued in on Artimax for cases without distal occlustion, or when working on a bridge or last molar to keep from under building or over grinding occlusion. Wows have no such provision.

The pins on Wows like to unseat, and seat unevenly, even when leaning into them, and this is a 235 lb guy talking. Artimax pins seat with mild hand pressure alone. However, we pop them back up and reseat before pouring because they will never seat that deep again.

Plus the pins extra length over wows pins allows you to hold the pin comfortably for the entire time whereas it is nearly impossible to keep a good grip on wow pins forcing you to pour a taller model so you can hold it, costing you more in stones.

I'm sure i've left something out...

Please excuse any errors of spelling as i'm not at a keyboard & it's after midnight

R

rmcmanus

Reaction score
I use them both (artimax & WoW) the old style WoW is still available. The old style eliminates having to pound the pin thru the membrane which I detest. I have no idea why they added the membrane it took a good tool and turned it into a nightmare.

The old style posterior WoW (no membrane) is product #0072. The new style(with membrane) is called the WoW II and its terrible IMHO

Last edited:
toothwiz

toothwiz

Reaction score
I have used many single pour systems. They are all good in their own right. They can all be learned. and they can all provide good results.

However, if you are looking for optimal results. I use the cbite AS1(All Stone 1).

1. For die stability none can match it. There is simply no movement. Any university willing to test?

2. The hinge is also hard to match in both movement and stability. A university can test this as well.

3. In speed it's also hard to beat...as there are no impressions to mark, no marking the articulators, no pins to insert, and no matching marked impression to marked articulator.

3. Easy of use. It simple to the max. JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS...AND USE A MEDIUM TO LOW EXPANSION DIE STONE...THAT IS WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR.

Have a nice day! Life is good...and lab is good too!

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
MONOTRAC never been happier. Fast, easy and clean. Only downside i have is the full arch model former. I find it hard to remove the arch without it breaking. Any help would be great. The straights and small arch are awesome. You can even correct the bites by warming the joints with a flamer.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Have a bag of wow`s just collecting dust could not get them to work right.
Switched to monotrac, haven't looked back.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I think I have a sample of every version of articulators out there. Monotrac seemed Bulky, Mainstay didn't make the cost analysis, Wow didn't either, CBite are just a pain in the ass separating...so for triple trays, Artimax it is and the old method of stone bases for full arches. I actually have some great ideas when it comes articulators, even did some prototypes with my Brother before his passing, so naturally that got placed on the back burner.

Top Bottom