Anyone admit using DWOS?

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
Love it ? Really ??? Wow !! Maybe it is made only for ''aliens'' !!! :-D (couldn't resist to make the joke , hope it is not offending !)
not at all. I wonder why people are not too fond of it.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I also have a 5 series AKA ''the dust collector'' . Mental Wings can't really describe the situation . Pure madness . Worst software out there . I am just waiting to raise some money to buy a cheap exocad based scanner , or I will just buy a Exocad license so it might actually be of some use .

I thought you were already on exo. What are you using?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I thought you were already on exo. What are you using?

I have Exocad man !! A GC Aadva scanner ! The 5 series is what I bought 5 years ago , and I rarely use it anymore

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
My misunderstanding! Thanks for continuing to post pics (inLine). Your work is inspiring.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I have Exocad man !! A GC Aadva scanner ! The 5 series is what I bought 5 years ago , and I rarely use it anymore

Do you keep the 5 series licensed? I mean if you don't use it, that seems pricey. Mine is crated up in garage. If I could bypass the dongle/license I would probably use it at home to scan singles and simple stuff on weekends. It always worked fine for the simple stuff.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I have used DWOS in the past...some stuff i really like but I found it usually had more bugs than was worth using.

I did try a recent version and it seemed a LOT better.

Software companies... and this is most all of you.. UNDO UNDO UNDO !!! One that works all the time ! Surely it 'aint that hard????

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Do you keep the 5 series licensed? I mean if you don't use it, that seems pricey. Mine is crated up in garage. If I could bypass the dongle/license I would probably use it at home to scan singles and simple stuff on weekends. It always worked fine for the simple stuff.

Mine is operational and I don't have to pay any fees . I just can't upgrade it . I use it for multi die scan for simple copings . Works really nice and fast for that . I most probably will try to sell it for 3-4 thousand euros . I always had awesome results regarding accuracy , even for screw retained stuff . But the software was something I couldn't afford to waste time on it anymore .

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Mine is operational and I don't have to pay any fees . I just can't upgrade it . I use it for multi die scan for simple copings . Works really nice and fast for that . I most probably will try to sell it for 3-4 thousand euros . I always had awesome results regarding accuracy , even for screw retained stuff . But the software was something I couldn't afford to waste time on it anymore .

Still runs without current license??

How did ya manage that?? I would love to be able to do that. If I start mine I get a message that my license has expired and I need to pay up before I can move forward.

Really tell how you managed that.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Still runs without current license??

How did ya manage that?? I would love to be able to do that. If I start mine I get a message that my license has expired and I need to pay up before I can move forward.

Really tell how you managed that.

It always has been like that actually . Never paid any mandatory fees . I would contact your repo if I were you .

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I have. They say pay yearly license and we will update license dongle. Did you buy yours brand new or used? I bought mine about 5 or 6 years ago also but I bought it used.

Is yours an actual dental wings or some other labeled brand?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Must be different in Greece

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Drizzt
Does yours have a license dongle in the back??

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I have. They say pay yearly license and we will update license dongle. Did you buy yours brand new or used? I bought mine about 5 or 6 years ago also but I bought it used.

Is yours an actual dental wings or some other labeled brand?

I bought is used . It is a relabeled 5 series , named Wieland S100 . But after a major upgrade , I have Dental Wings software .

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I bought is used . It is a relabeled 5 series , named Wieland S100 . But after a major upgrade , I have Dental Wings software .

Maybe that's the difference. Lucky you.

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
Love it ? Really ??? Wow !! Maybe it is made only for ''aliens'' !!! :-D (couldn't resist to make the joke , hope it is not offending !)
lol , alien here also have mentalwings and dont realy love it,, still use it for some stuff... but 3shape is what i realy luv

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
My buddy had DWOS 3, i hated milling coping fro him constantly chipping margins cause the setting wouldn't hold, he finally got sick of it and bought a D700 3shape and has been much happier with the end results. I watched him do the work flow from scanning to finish and it took like 15 min to make a coping, I really didn't like how you had to navigate through soo many tabs to make change and what not, just not user friendly at all.

R

Radu

Reaction score
We never tried Dw but everyone complains about them. It takes a lot to scan a case (An hour with 3 series + software bugs + mandatory license fee...that sucks ).

We use Identica Hybrid and Exo. Fastest scanner we've seen so far and so damn precise... Wouldn't get anything else but this if we had to buy all over again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Sooo.....
Anyone out there know how to bypass a license dongle on a DWOS. I'm not in need of updating the software but would like to use it as is for singles and simple stuff.

Unit ain't worth the $2000 grand for yearly license

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Do you reeeeeeealy want to? Dig through the code and find where it looks for the dongle and compares it to an expected value. Change that value to null and you're basically done.
Congratulations you're now a black hat hacker and just cracked and pwnd your first piece of warez.

Top Bottom