Anybody here a MOLLOPLAST B EXPERT??? Want to try microvaving to cure....

N

nickate

Reaction score
Like it says... I'd like to try microwaving in a Buffalo Micro flask.

My last Molloplast liner done presspack and cured in boiling water turned up not so great...

There were some spots where the material had not cured.

What is the real world shelf life for this stuff if kept in a cool dry place?
Mine is 14 months old.

I think my Primo adhesive had not dried completely before I packed in the soft and that is what gave me the blotchy uncured spots.

Experiences, answers, tips or disasters please post up!!!

I would like to try the microwave, but as you all know about trying new things, am apprehensive...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Brian

Brian

Reaction score
I use Molloplast and have never experinced any problems. Did you boil for 2 hours??? Have you ever experinced this before with an existing denture?

Never microwaved.. Just a burito and a hot pocket.

N

nickate

Reaction score
I use Molloplast and have never experinced any problems. Did you boil for 2 hours??? Have you ever experinced this before with an existing denture?

Never microwaved.. Just a burito and a hot pocket.

Lol... Mostly popcorn here....

I started water @ room temp and over a 1 hour period brought it to a boil --- boiled 2 hours AFTER the boil started...
(My material may be too old or I didn't give adhesive enough time to dry after applying the second coat)
I think it was the latter as I've never had problems in the past but it was late and I was in a hurry....

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I hate the Primo, so I quite using it more than 10 years ago. I make a spacer onto the master cast out of VPS putty. I can measure the thickness and trim any areas that might be too thick. Then I relieve the underside of the denture to allow for the spacer and A LITTLE MORE for some new, heat cured resin. The Molloplast B sticks real well to new acrylic, and the new acrylic sticks well to the old acrylic.
I pack the denture, new resin and plastic sheet +spacer into the flask and press and hold for 20 min. I open the flask, remove the spacer and the "plasti-pak," then repress with the Molloplast B. I then place into the curing tank for a while (ie one to two hours) at 165, then boil for 2 hours. Let it bench cool (hard to wait, but avoid shock cooling!). I remove the flash with Scotchbrite disks, polish the denture conventionally, and then retouch up the Mollo-B again with the Scotchbrite disks to make everything smooth and even. I may or may not apply the 2-part varnish at the end.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its pretty hard to get an uncured spot of softliner if it was boiled the required time. I will add that you do have to wait for the Primo to COMPLETELY dry prior to packing. As for packing new acrylic to avoid using Primo we have done the same in a pinch when we were out of the product. As for shelf life the last big jar of molloplast has been in the fridge for 2 years and I did a new denture with it this week and it turned out perfect.

Out of curiosity where was the uncured material at? At thick or thin spot?

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
I hate the Primo, so I quite using it more than 10 years ago. I make a spacer onto the master cast out of VPS putty. I can measure the thickness and trim any areas that might be too thick. Then I relieve the underside of the denture to allow for the spacer and A LITTLE MORE for some new, heat cured resin. The Molloplast B sticks real well to new acrylic, and the new acrylic sticks well to the old acrylic.
I pack the denture, new resin and plastic sheet +spacer into the flask and press and hold for 20 min. I open the flask, remove the spacer and the "plasti-pak," then repress with the Molloplast B. I then place into the curing tank for a while (ie one to two hours) at 165, then boil for 2 hours. Let it bench cool (hard to wait, but avoid shock cooling!). I remove the flash with Scotchbrite disks, polish the denture conventionally, and then retouch up the Mollo-B again with the Scotchbrite disks to make everything smooth and even. I may or may not apply the 2-part varnish at the end.

Never thought of that! Good one!

N

nickate

Reaction score
These are some great tips!

Thanks guys.

I believe I was correct in my assumption the Primo had not fully dried...

My fault. Driver error as usual.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I've microwaved it and the results are nice. However, I always use a shim and process it against a layer of new resin. Primo is too technique sensitive and the time lost waiting on it is ridiculous. Much faster and more predictable to add new resin.​

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Anyone cut in retention grooves into the acrylic base to give extra hold ?
Or just connect straight to a flat surface?
Anyone tried the syringed stuff for chairside jobs?

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
We have cured Molloplast in dentures processed in NaturCryl MC in the GC green microwave flacsks and not had any issues. We ususally save the light cured baseplate to use a spacer when packing acrylic(sandwiched between packing sheets).

T

toothless

Reaction score
alternative to molloplast b

Recently became a member of this site. We wished we knew about it a long time ago. It is a very educational site.

There are many alternatives to the aforementioned product. One of those is our SOFT-FIT, monomer free, long term soft denture liner. No mma or ema, pure vinyl powder & mixing liquid. You can do it chairside, heat cure or jig it. No bonding agent is necessary & no resin sealer is required. It cures in 30 minutes & it trims with any burr. We've been around for 16 years & distribute through out the world, private label & direct.If we may be of service to you please look us up at Home or1-800-352-8280 Thank You, RON

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Never thought of that! Good one!

Sorry folks, didn't realize I was starting to talk to someone from months ago. Carry on.

Last edited:
Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
Molloplast subject came up today so came here reading. Might be Looking into trying another product similar to molloplast b. any thoughts. Anyhing better out there ?

Joseph Minuk

Joseph Minuk

Reaction score
I think moloplast b is fine with conventional processing, why mess with it??

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Had one case lack adhesion because I rushed it....Lesson learned.....let the primer sit in a dark box for about 90 minutes.....
Then pack it and cure it for about four hours.....Strong bond now.....Had problems with the chairside stuff like Tokoyama and easysoft developing bubbles and breaking down after about six months.....redone them all with lolloplast and no problems....take care abd keep well.....

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Molloplast subject came up today so came here reading. Might be Looking into trying another product similar to molloplast b. any thoughts. Anyhing better out there ?

Astron. Once you use it you won't use anything else.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I follow the molloplast instructions. after cleaing the reline intaglio really well, two or three coats of adhesive letting it dry between coats and wait for 90 minutes and then press it and leave in flask under pressure for 30 minutes...Then bring to a boil from cool in a curing unit and boil it for about 3-4 hours....Let bench cool for about another hour......but need to wear gloves and mask because humidity from the breath can cause delamination later on.....PS I have used self cured in the mouth soft liners but none has the lastability that Molloplast B has....

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Summary of Molloplast b it is a bear to use, but works really well.

Top Bottom