Another Warranty Question

C

CShof

Reaction score
I made a new partial at the beginning of June and just got it back Friday with a broken clasp. I don't make my own frames but it is my partial. Would you fix it for free or charge half price or....? It's such a good account I'll probably fix it for free but just looking to see what everyone else would do.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I would probably fix it free if it is a good account and it is not a regular problem. I had a DDS who would trim a back to back akers to paper thin after saying he would trim the opposing so I just startled charging him full price for laser welding when he didn't do as he had stated. or when He asked for a design I thought was a problem. Strangely he started doing proper preps or trimming the opposing. What kind of clasp and why did it break? If a patient has their own dremmel and thought they would improve the case then charge for repairing the patients abuse.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Good account, fix it for free. You should probably a have a warranty that should include fixes (loke this) for work you provide for a year.

jthacke3

jthacke3

Reaction score
Partial clasps don't generally break while in the mouth...its usually because its been dropped or stepped on by the patient. With that in mind, I would ask the dentist if he/she is charging the patient for the repair and get a feel for whether the problem is a defective product or patient abuse. If the dentist isn't charging the patient, I'd warranty the work. If the patient is being charged, I'd want compensation for the repair. I would simply mirror what the dentist is doing for the patient. I would also encourage the dentist to remind the patient that they should expect to be financially responsible for problems of their own creation moving forward without making it feel like too big a deal.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I would do the repair for free, but if it was a defective frame, I'd contact whoever makes your frames for reimbursement of the normal repair fee.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
A product that is new brakes. The manufacture makes it good. Seems simple to me.

I sell frames to lots of labs and that would be redone for free...............We don't charge for remakes but we do get to decide who we work for and what we will except for information to build product.

Last edited: