Amann Girrbach Giroform model system

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
We have tried the monotrac system, but I couldn't get my goofy model tech(family member and woman:rolleyes:)to trim and box the impressions so they fit perfectly on the trays without getting voids between the base and impression.:rolleyes:

I have the same hesitation with getting the Girroform system, but only I would be doing my own model work on the Girroform and wouldn't have to worry about people that want to waste their time with a basing, glueing, and tons a trimming...to get a model that leaves a lot to be desired for how much work it involves.

Maybe I'll just get out the monotracs again and box, pour up, and cut in 3hours, what would take this person an entire day.*sigh*

Seriously, marathon sessions on the model trimmer and router the way this individual does basing and pouring...just trying to make their life easier and I get all kinds of grief for it.:confused:

It's all in the training, if they are half competent with their hands, they should get it.

I have a friend that asked me
What system I was using, I told him the dowel pin. He said yeh it's cheap and good and works but he said that his trainees would "f" it up and probably put the pins in upside down, so he bought the zeiser. They still can't drill the holes in line with the preps and place the trays in the correct position, etc

He has to buy all these expensive machines to make up for the lack of skill he has in the lab and minimalise stuff ups.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Now there are plates for only one pin: HERE
Can use standard driller (eg. Renfert Topspin) with an adapter but I think Giroform machine is better.
Not tried it, only seen at a dental lab show

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
Amen to that...Machines are taking over and maybe it is a good thing.
It's all in the training, if they are half competent with their hands, they should get it.

I have a friend that asked me
What system I was using, I told him the dowel pin. He said yeh it's cheap and good and works but he said that his trainees would "f" it up and probably put the pins in upside down, so he bought the zeiser. They still can't drill the holes in line with the preps and place the trays in the correct position, etc

He has to buy all these expensive machines to make up for the lack of skill he has in the lab and minimalise stuff ups.

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get these giromax plates? I'm in the US. These plates make a lot of sense. Only one pin would save time and money.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get these giromax plates? I'm in the US. These plates make a lot of sense. Only one pin would save time and money.
I am looking for them here in Spain

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Klic-Lok system is what I use... LOVE IT! but i am looking into a new system because its not easy beinging it here from the states. Damn Customs

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
We have tried the monotrac system, but I couldn't get my goofy model tech(family member and woman:rolleyes:)to trim and box the impressions so they fit perfectly on the trays without getting voids between the base and impression.:rolleyes:

I have the same hesitation with getting the Girroform system, but only I would be doing my own model work on the Girroform and wouldn't have to worry about people that want to waste their time with a basing, glueing, and tons a trimming...to get a model that leaves a lot to be desired for how much work it involves.

Maybe I'll just get out the monotracs again and box, pour up, and cut in 3hours, what would take this person an entire day.*sigh*

Seriously, marathon sessions on the model trimmer and router the way this individual does basing and pouring...just trying to make their life easier and I get all kinds of grief for it.:confused:

If they are not compliant in using monotrac properly, you are asking for trouble with Giroform, as it is even more technique specific...

Both are great systems but they have to be used properly to get any advantage from them.

I have used both and prefer monotrac for 90% of cases, but we still pin an occasional case.
Training a new hire to pour models with monotrac is awesome - teach them the 'one right way' and they are productive in a very short time...hmm maybe that solves both problems :p

M

Manuela001

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me the main differences between Zeiser and Giroform?

Top Bottom