Am I the only one?

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
I literally just received my 13 abutment from Atlantis where I need to spend easily 30 minutes on fitting it down on the soft tissue model. By the time I'm done I've gone from a shoulder margin to nearly a feather edge. How can I keep getting this time after time after time. They design it they have the soft tissue models. I have talked to them many times with no improvement. Is anyone else getting this crap back from Atlantis? It seems like it stated shortly after Atlantis was bought out by Dentsply. Maybe they have their gold sale people doing abutment design also.I know some of you are going to want me to send you my abutments but unless you can supply me with a abutment in the Atlantis packaging and authentic sticker the doctors won't go for it.
Scott

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
If your Doc's won't listen to you, then go find new docs.

There needs to be some trust in the relationship.

If your job is to provide quality Abutments, and you don't like the product you are sending to them, then you have Three options...

1) Keep sending them crap that you personally do not like, 2) Find another solution for your work, or 3) quit working for that Doctor.

Why can you not grind into the body of abutment to make non-knife edge margin? Pretend you are a dentist prepping a tooth. If there is not enough material, then how could it be Atlantis' fault?

We need pics!

No?

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Scotts right. Youve got enough there to prep your shoulder, right? The fitting is a b*tch, but if you expect them to change...just call and talk to the dept. manager. It will go something like, " thats just the way we do it and its not going to change". Ive sent messages to every box I could get an address for..not just about the quality but more the attitude.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
I literally just received my 13 abutment from Atlantis where I need to spend easily 30 minutes on fitting it down on the soft tissue model. By the time I'm done I've gone from a shoulder margin to nearly a feather edge. How can I keep getting this time after time after time. They design it they have the soft tissue models. I have talked to them many times with no improvement. Is anyone else getting this crap back from Atlantis? It seems like it stated shortly after Atlantis was bought out by Dentsply. Maybe they have their gold sale people doing abutment design also.I know some of you are going to want me to send you my abutments but unless you can supply me with a abutment in the Atlantis packaging and authentic sticker the doctors won't go for it.
Scott

No youre not the only person having issues

I get geminis back that dont match at all.I mill a temp, then take file and mill something else for permanent abut. 50percent of the time it doesnt fit WTF

the thing that really irks me is they just dont really seem to care

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I would shape the soft tissue model the way you want the abutment have them snap to tissue and there will be no tissue impingement. A tech scanning and designing the abutment on a soft tissue model that essentially is just a socket the diameter of the impression coping is never ever going to hit a home-run. If you are trimming and giving them dimensions to drop margin/flair tissue and they are not doing what you need then its time to ask for someone higher up and act like any other consumer that is not happy.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Scott

We have the same problem, we have gotten to the point of requesting no displacement and manually editing every abutment. Support tissue option is our old goto. Now the proposals are ridiculous. I noticed changes as soon as editor became available. Also, is any one getting core files back, are they encrypted or stl? We have lava 7 and can import stl model files. Want to try but don't want to waste a bunch of time, the Atlantis people can't seem to answer this question. Eric

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
you decide if you want full anatomical design ( most tissue displacement) contour soft tissue ( 1 mm displacement) or support tissue ( no tissue displacemet) once you have this preference set, you should not have that problem. I never have an issue about this with them. I always keep the case on hold until I have seen the design on the 3d viewer and I even can make changes with their new software. So if you don't get it right, you might want to look at your end to improve this.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Scott

This is why we bought a scanner from Nobel Biocare so we can do the designing ourselves. I never got anything from Atlantis that didn't need tons of adjusting.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
My main beef with Atlantis abutments is i don't think the shoulder is much of a shoulder! Plus i cant even get the editor to work! But in the main not too bad at the moment!