All things GC Initial

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yeah mixing the EN with TN does help to show more of your mamelons.. Its not like e.max that has a standard incisal and a trans incisal.. but there are lots of combinations to try out.. the CT is also great in the middle 1/3 of the tooth on the incisal area.. adds more warmth as well, good for staining effects in the enamel.

Yeah , I used CT , great powder . I am used to Inline , which everything is translucent . I am doing two centrals now with Initial Zr Fs , and I will seperate the bakes , Al style . I will then do internal staining and then proceed .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
INsides are even more crucial with ZR because you want a warm chroma to mask the high value

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yeah , I used CT , great powder . I am used to Inline , which everything is translucent . I am doing two centrals now with Initial Zr Fs , and I will seperate the bakes , Al style . I will then do internal staining and then proceed .
Dim, If you want total control of your effects don't do the one bake deal. I know N is teaching this now but for accuracy and consistency don't do it.

Zr Fs is a lot more opaque than MC (enamels and dentin) Different animal than the MC.

This case was done in 3 bakes.

Opaqued and dusted with sholder porc.
1.jpg

OD, IN and dusted with Clear

2.jpg

Dentin, Enamel 58 frame, FD 91

3.jpg

Built full contour except without the enamel layer (frame only)
Now evaluate effects and make corrections by removing or adding stain.
Then add enamels and glaze.

4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Dim, If you want total control of your effects don't do the one bake deal. I know N is teaching this now but for accuracy and consistency don't do it.

Zr Fs is a lot more opaque than MC (enamels and dentin) Different animal than the MC.

This case was done in 3 bakes.

Opaqued and dusted with sholder porc.
View attachment 15705

OD, IN and dusted with Clear

View attachment 15709

Dentin, Enamel 58 frame, FD 91

View attachment 15708

Built full contour except without the enamel layer (frame only)
Now evaluate effects and make corrections by removing or adding stain.
Then add enamels and glaze.

View attachment 15710
View attachment 15711

Great as always Al ! I am not doing the one bake thing for such large cases . I just did today 2 centrals with zirc , seperating the bakes , like you do . Well , not like YOU do because my result was not as kick ass as yours , but at least I followed your method ! They turned out nice , I will post them after I have them back from bisquit try in . One bake technique is for very certain cases IMO . Nondas is incredibly talented and he is doing it everyday in his lab . I have seen him doing it on real cases like he is doing it in his courses . But I am not Nondas , unfortunatelly I don't have his amazing skills to do it consistently . Some times , I have done the one bake with great results , others they were crap . I want to be versatile and able to use the appropriate technique for each case . Your pics are a great school for me Al , thank you !

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yeah no disrespect intended I can't do it either and really I don't think 99% of the real world techs can either.

I love the MC porc saw very little learning curve going from inline to it but having a time with the opacity of the Zir layering porc I like using porc out of the bottles and I think I will need to cut some of the Zir powders with clear?????

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Dim if you want to shoot for the one bake N style while you are learning break it down in seperated bakes to learn then as you get better with your placement and shrinkage control just start to combine 2 of your bakes till you are doing it in one shot.
If you do break it down you learn things you won't doing it in one shot like the effect of your enamel overlays and the intensities of your effects how strong they need to be and what to use to cover them or be able to see them etc

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Of course I'm talking about the custom jobs or cases you want to make show pieces for marketing not the production cases docs are paying peanuts for.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The first thing I am aiming is what you said , learn the system and what each powder do , and then learn to control the shrinknage . I have done this with e.max , at a level I am happy with . Now I want to do this with Initial . Seperating the bakes is a great way to do this , and it is safer .

At this point , I am not getting paid enough for anything , but I hope that if I get really good , soon I will be able to ask more , at least for the custom shades . For the moment , I am practicing . I have some nice demo cases I am showing docs , mostly from courses , but I want to make a whole model with different restorations , from waxups to all ceramics and have it as my ultimate showcase model . But I have zero spare time .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The shrinkage with MC is as minimal as any porcelain Ive used.. Very predictable.. but anteriors are another story..

L

labtek

Reaction score
The shrinkage with MC is as minimal as any porcelain Ive used.. Very predictable.. but anteriors are another story..
which powder would you use on the oblique ridges and transverse ridges of posteriors?

L

labtek

Reaction score
Of course I'm talking about the custom jobs or cases you want to make show pieces for marketing not the production cases docs are paying peanuts for.
which powder would you use on the oblique ridges and transverse ridges of posteriors? zr-fs

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Zirconia bridge layered with GC Initial Zr FS . Seperated the bakes like Al suggested . Much more control . Still plenty of room for improvement , but like it more and more with each case I do .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Looks really great. What is on the M/D line angles? Looks like eop1-2?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks Affinity , it is a mix of eop-1 and 2 , and the finish at the incisal is eop-3 .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Got those intraoral shots I was talking about yesterday . The case was a success , the patient is happy , the doc is happy , I am happy !!!Waiting for the small black triangle to close for final pics !

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Looks great, That hypo on the incisal edge of the laterals (halo).. you will probably need OM-1 or eo16/om1 mix for something like that.. or FD91/om1 mix

Top Bottom