Acrylic Charges

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Does anyone charge extra when you use more acrylic than normal for a denture? We've got this HUGE maxillary denture that is going to need at least twice the normal amount of acrylic, if not more. It won't even fit in an Ivocap flask, I had to break out the Big Boy flask. We've never charged more before, but are just wondering if we should.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
do you charge less when you make a ridiculously small denture?:) I just think it all washes out at the end of the day.
No. I was just wondering if anyone did.:)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The materials ie acrylic is the smallest expense in the prosthetic. Even at the high prices Ivoclar charges for its resin I am happy to pay it.

I have not had to compression pack for some time now and I am thrilled. Good think you have that BIGBOY flask, I know I have one somewhere but thankfully I have not needed it in a long time.

Now the guy polishing that giant denture is going to want a raise but that's another thread :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I don't and I've never seen reduced or increased fees for acrylic quantity.
Not even for the huge bulb on obturators, but I guess you could argue that's included in the fee increase from a normal prosthetic.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
This is only the third time I've had to break out the big boy in five years....and the one polishing the monster denture is...ME!!!

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i wouldn't charge more, but yes, have fun polishing lol

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
When ever we have had to break out the big boy flask we still just charge our normal price. It's so seldom that we have to use it and the acrylic is such a small part of it that we figure it just evens itself out in the end.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I wouldn't either especially if your press packing. I mean what is another measure or two of acrylic 2-3 dollars? Are the ivocap flasks smaller than the ivobase ones?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I guess I worded my first post wrong. We don't charge for it either, I was just curious to see if other people did or not.
As far as the Ivobase vs Ivocap flasks being different sizes, I'm not sure since I only have Ivocap.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we only charge additional for obturators. But even straight forward denture repairs on obturators are only charged the same as a regular denture repair.

D

dborla01

Reaction score
"Interesting question, Doris...I would be tempted to include a clause as part of my fee schedule, that addressed that issue of extra-effort prostheses, such as a percentage, etc.

Top Bottom