Acetal Resin

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Anyone using it? Clasps? Frames? Splints? Space maintainers?
input please - Positives, negatives, likes and dislikes.............

popcorn

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
Do you have a brand name/ or some other info? Not sure what it is. I use Versacry to make clasps but it isn't really for space maintainers, frames or splints.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
"Myerson / CDM" do an Acetal system, nice material but the tooth colours are a bitch to match up. Then there's the "Pressing" material from Italy, nice material and better colour matching IMO - and they do a staining kit too for external characterisation.Just like to know other tech's opinions on this resin.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
acetal resin is a great product but it does have limitations... my personal opinion I think making a frame out of it is a stretch but clasps and nesbits it works wonderfully. the patients seem to love them also they are able to engage 2/3 more undercut.... they seem to be very retentive. The downside is that they do get brittle especially with coffee drinkers but they are quite easy to make and replace if you have the glorified hot glue gun. you are so right about the coloring whoever did the shading on the material is a moron. I have my frame lab place them they use the stuff from Italy it seems to be of much higher quality especially in shade matching. Over all I think acetal resin is a very cool product.

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
Where can i order that Pressing material??? i am in the usa, i google it and it looks pretty cool, but dont know where to get it from. any ideas??? and can i use my valplast system with that?

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I believe Denstply/Austenal were the first distributor in US, so I'd give them a call for info if I were you. If they don't have it I'm sure they'll direct you.

J

jose1a1

Reaction score
Myerson has an acetal system they call it ( Duracetal ),U can buy the whole system or get a convertion kit. i know they have one for the success injection system, they might have one for valplast. Myerson 800-423-2683

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
acetal seems to have better physical properties for clasping than nylon material. also, It looks good for tooth shade clasps but the shade seems a little opaque for gum shade clasps.I'd say nylon looks better because it is more translucent. I don't think anyone makes a clear acetal product. if there is something out there id like to know about it.

cdr50

cdr50

Reaction score
Versacryl Lab Kits have both a pink and a clear powder in them that can be mixed for a variety of translucency. With the Softener liquid and the Hardener liquids you can also mix to the hardness or softness you want. You can get it in either the Heat Cure or Self Cure Kit.

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
"Myerson / CDM" do an Acetal system, nice material but the tooth colours are a bitch to match up. Then there's the "Pressing" material from Italy, nice material and better colour matching IMO - and they do a staining kit too for external characterisation.Just like to know other tech's opinions on this resin.

what is this Italian stuff you speak of?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
When using the acetal use an expansion model, I have made some frameworks,they make a nice drape over implant bars holding such as hader clips & there is a way to hold spherioflex. biteopeners, overdentures, the "snap-on-smile" is either Myerson Duracetal or flexite acetal. it polishes nicely, use 3m radial abrasive brushes & finish with the Myerson nylon polish paste. The color is a challenge but better than a shiny chrome for many, & I have combined both. Try some practice with flexite acetal, it is cheaper but works the same. Hi-tec 1-800-859-2006 can help U with the expansion stone to improve the fit.

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
So are you using expansion stone for just these acetals? Is it something the manufacture has instructed and why? Is there a need for expansion stone on nylon or any other thermoplastic applications?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
So are you using expansion stone for just these acetals? Is it something the manufacture has instructed and why? Is there a need for expansion stone on nylon or any other thermoplastic applications?
expansion stone only on acetal, Flexite sais U don't need it, but the fit is right on when U do and needs some "rubbering when U don't". Myerson sells 2 expansion stones, just remember to shake the box every time U make a model & measure & weigh, and U don't need the stone in the flask, (Garrico makes a kick fine stone called flask it.) The expansion stone is just the duplicated model.

L

lupusebastian

Reaction score
Hy Ajel
I am new member and I am interested about Duracetal for snap-on-smile.. Pls tell me your opinion - do you work with this material? the polish is very natural or is more opaque? Pls tell me you opinion...
Best regards

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Hy Ajel
I am new member and I am interested about Duracetal for snap-on-smile.. Pls tell me your opinion - do you work with this material? the polish is very natural or is more opaque? Pls tell me you opinion...
Best regards

Understand "snap onn" is copywrited, call it say cosmetic orthodic and that it won't work for all cases like big teeth, the cover up is opaque, there are techniques to consider when making them so speach works. Sometimes the posterior occlusal is left open other times it works to have as a bite-opener, or a trial to check if the new bite will work before a C&B constructs a roundhouse. It is a material that has a definite place, it is one of many things a remarkable removable tech needs to be able to do, to make a buck. I was surprised when I had to make some forf 6yr olds (those little beuty pagennt things!) PM me if U want to chat.

S

snaggletooth55

Reaction score
thanks for all the great acetal info. I'm looking at the myerson/cdm system because it seems the most versatile w/ good customer support? I've been getting requests for a nesbit like appliance to fit over the adjacent teeth at first stage implant healing. we all know that this can be made using duacetal/visiclear or some combination of..even though we can't say their branded names.ha.ha.. What I'm really interested in is making metal free partial frameworks. Someone out there said he felt that this is a stretch for this material. Kris's looked good and durable? Would you kind and knowledgeable gentlemen/women give me your input Please?