Would someone explain to me how to make one ? Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
put your abutments on the model

prepare cold cure

put cold cure on the implants, ensuring they wrap around the implants down to the margins and that the intersection is visible.

cure

presto, you have a positioning jig. now when someone put the abument in the mouth they have this thing to ensure they are correclty placed because if the jig doesnt seat, the implants are in wrong.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I wish I knew how Atlantis does their printed ones. The abutments fit snugly into the guide and it holds them in place while being inserted. And the screw hole is already there so all the doc has to do is tighten everything down.

Of course I don't have a printer. Heard Straumann is going to start offering this too.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
With transfer jigs, it has been suggested that placing piece of wrought wire or braided wire between the implant parts and curing around the wire so that it forms a substructure reduces the chance for innaccuracies from expansion or contaction of your chosen flowable curable media.

There is also the possiblity of using silinated (which I'm certain to be miss pelling) e-glass fibre/string/rope. It's not exactly inexpensive, but it is totally adaptable to any situation, and wont drip into the absolute worst spot possible.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
With transfer jigs, it has been suggested that placing piece of wrought wire or braided wire between the implant parts and curing around the wire so that it forms a substructure reduces the chance for innaccuracies from expansion or contaction of your chosen flowable curable media.

There is also the possiblity of using silinated (which I'm certain to be miss pelling) e-glass fibre/string/rope. It's not exactly inexpensive, but it is totally adaptable to any situation, and wont drip into the absolute worst spot possible.
right, the problem is many metals have memory. twisted braited wire tries to return to its normal shape.

resin and cured materials do not. this ensures passivity.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew how Atlantis does their printed ones. The abutments fit snugly into the guide and it holds them in place while being inserted. And the screw hole is already there so all the doc has to do is tighten everything down.

Of course I don't have a printer. Heard Straumann is going to start offering this too.
Couldn't you just scan in the model with abutments seated and proceed as if you're making a bridge, then manually or digitally remove the material blocking the screw access hole?

A trick I would have to try would be to put the screws in the channel and have the driver hole too small for the screwhead to pass. No more fumbling with tiny screws in the operatory, or the mouth.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
right, the problem is many metals have memory. twisted braited wire tries to return to its normal shape.

resin and cured materials do not. this ensures passivity.
Very true. However I maybe should have stated not to twist or braid it yourself, but to get some from an Ortho supplier.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It cracks when you try to manipulate it, it cures ok, I actually use it for position jigs but its not really worth it even for that. I got the runaround about the material, like I wasnt using it right, but it never worked right. The metacure material might be better, but acrylic is way cheaper and easier.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It cracks when you try to manipulate it, it cures ok, I actually use it for position jigs but its not really worth it even for that. I got the runaround about the material, like I wasnt using it right, but it never worked right. The metacure material might be better, but acrylic is way cheaper and easier.
Thanks.

L

labtek

Reaction score

Who know the workflow that Atlantis uses for their guides?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I had never thought about milling this. Less than 5 min to design on three abutments using bite splint. Milled in 15 min. I'll add this to the workflow for abutments. A good way to use up all the previously unusable areas of the PMMA disk.