90 degree milling in hyper dent

K

karlanm

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have a case which is due monday morning, so my support company (who is usually not super helpful except for catastrophic software error issues) is out.

I have a DWX-51D and was milling full monolithic arches in pmma and am having a tough time getting the software to do 90 degree milling in a C clamp. The undercut calculator seems a little bit unintuitive for such an expensive piece of software.

Also, apart from this, so not the main question: not sure if it was a software update, but now it doesn't seem "User-defined areas" are generated in the prn file any more. Did a setting perhaps get changed? (could totally be my fault)

Anyone experienced with this setup? Using Hyperdent compact v9.3.3

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
go to Settings->Machining, fixtures tab, ensure the tickbox for Open Fixture functionality is checked off

then you can use one of the Perspective views (left/Right/Front/Back) to view the C opening, and add a Userdefined area that way.

userdefined areas must be enabled in your template in order for this to work, and that's the job of your support team, to supply you with functioning templates. i can be of no help here except to say if you have multiple templates, try one of the other ones available for your part.

K

karlanm

Reaction score
Thank you appreciate it, got it. So I did have the Open Fixture setup, but the issue was I needed to go to "User Defined Areas", then switch to the left view. Now whatever area I selected from that direction would mill from that 90 degree direction

Edit: I was confusing the automatic generation with the one where you set the bounds box. The automatic one doesn't generated user defined templates any more for some reason i'll have to investigate

Last edited:
K

karlanm

Reaction score
For anyone who'd like to know how, since it seems hyperdent information is impossible to find. Thanks Luke (and my support company who was more helpful than I predicted/experienced, guess it depends on the support technician)

Rotate View Like This
1.png
Select User Defined Undercuts
2.png
Use any of these options
5.png
Select an area that is 100% on appliance or it could cause errors (I didn't select the undercut option here, but trust me most of the gum line is bright red here, meaning it wouldn't be milled)
3.png
Select the under cut generator
7.png

Use something like these settings, I don't understand the category part, but if it wasn't set to 1 then it won't generate in the final file (This was an ongoing issue after I played with these settings). I've also noticed there is issues, on my setup, if I put 30 degrees and not 29.9
6.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom