3shape-gingival design

D

DavidDT

Reaction score
Just designed our first bridge with the gingival option in 3shape. Sending off to mill in a multi-layer PMMA to then layer the gingival area with Pink composite for a long term Provisional. with Marko Tadros.

hope y'all like it :)

-Center for Esthetic and Implant Dentistry-

Attachments

• ging.jpg
    ging.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 202
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I haven't messed with the gingiva designer. Maybe I should, the texture looks great.

Noke Re Ani

Noke Re Ani

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Can I used this on my 3shape for 2014 version? PS - I would like to see the results on this!

Cheers!

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
the few times ive used this it seemed clunky, and slow but that was 2012 and i imagine times have changed.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
works well in 14, but with a glitch... you need to design the bridge and then modify the order for gingiva
Untitled.png

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Great design Aram ! I want this in Exocad also !

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I hear that the new release of 2015 will allow for tissue morphing of the intaglio surface FINALLY. !!!!

I love your design Aram good job, you will find that when you add the composite you will ask your self why you spent all the time :)

We are using Optizlage color now and the dimension it adds is very small with pretty nice results for our BETA's

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
IMG_0760.jpg Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 8.54.00 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 8.52.47 PM.jpg IMG_0798.jpg 2014 is what I use and when you figure out how it works its very predictable. The most frustrating thing is if you do a nice design and the Dr send s in a new bite and you have to alter the design you loose the gingival spline. Also the gingival cutback feature in theory works but in practicality its not worth a damn. Here are a few recent arches we have done.

D

DavidDT

Reaction score
I hear that the new release of 2015 will allow for tissue morphing of the intaglio surface FINALLY. !!!!

I love your design Aram good job, you will find that when you add the composite you will ask your self why you spent all the time :)

We are using Optizlage color now and the dimension it adds is very small with pretty nice results for our BETA's
Thanks John, I need to try this ! is it available for purchase?

D

DavidDT

Reaction score
View attachment 19602 View attachment 19603 View attachment 19604 View attachment 19605 2014 is what I use and when you figure out how it works its very predictable. The most frustrating thing is if you do a nice design and the Dr send s in a new bite and you have to alter the design you loose the gingival spline. Also the gingival cutback feature in theory works but in practicality its not worth a damn. Here are a few recent arches we have done.
yes after some help from you all., we quickly realized that 15 was glitching....so we went to 14 and BAM! piece of cake even on the first try. Haven't got to that level yet this was practically a test run. But i bet eventually will run into those kinds of issues. What I had an issue with in 14 is that I had selected the anatomical gingiva feature ....and for some reason it wouldn't allow me to just finish the design without a cutback...so the program forced me to have a cutback even though I didnt want to for that particular design. Anyways there is more on the way, hope you like them. I really like the stuff that you gave done. these designs are so beautiful !

D

DavidDT

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Can I used this on my 3shape for 2014 version? PS - I would like to see the results on this!

Cheers!
yes, you can use in 14. This was a trial run, I will now start on actual cases...will be posing more. Stay tuned

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Just designed our first bridge with the gingival option in 3shape. Sending off to mill in a multi-layer PMMA to then layer the gingival area with Pink composite for a long term Provisional. with Marko Tadros.

hope y'all like it :)

-Center for Esthetic and Implant Dentistry-
It looks to m e that you have left no room for pink application. Push the tissue are back. The design looks like final contour.

D

DavidDT

Reaction score
It looks to m e that you have left no room for pink application. Push the tissue are back. The design looks like final contour.
Hi Bob, that is correct, this is to show the actual design, the step after this allows for a controlled cutback , which is what I ended up doing on this design.

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
Great Job , thanks for your share with us . i have to try it also , Thank you David .

Top Bottom