3shape export material question

P

pplslt

Reaction score
Hi all!

I created a custom attachment as a test. Everything went smooth and then I tried to export the attachment file as *.dme, I get the following error pop up:

"There was found a file path which is not relative to Control Panel Configuration folder in the table "Attachment". Export will be aborted. You have to move those library files and change paths in the table manually. It is very important all library files to be in the Control Panel Configuration folder or its subfolders."

How can I fix to make this work?

C

CadGenius41

Reaction score
You need to place that new attachment file were all the other attachement files are located, to be able to send as a DME

C:\3Shape Configuration\DentalSystem\Dental System Control Panel\library\3Shape\Attachments

try placing it in this folder

P

pplslt

Reaction score
You need to place that new attachment file were all the other attachement files are located, to be able to send as a DME

C:\3Shape Configuration\DentalSystem\Dental System Control Panel\library\3Shape\Attachments

try placing it in this folder

That's exactly what I did but it still gives me that error. I placed the customized *.stl file there. Perhaps the system doesn't recognize the *.stl file and I may have to convert it to *.dcm.

I gotta search for the converter and will post again.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did but it still gives me that error. I placed the customized *.stl file there. Perhaps the system doesn't recognize the *.stl file and I may have to convert it to *.dcm.

Once you've moved the STL attachment to the folder as detailed above, you need to go back into the control panel and change the actual location of the attachment - it's still loading the attachment from the old folder and not the 3Shape directory. Basically go into the attachments setting menu and click on the 'attachment visual model path' and then eiher the 'additive' or 'subtractive' model path and reassociate to the new location.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score

I load STL attachments all day and they work fine. The only problem is the amount of triangles, sometimes you will get errors but you do not need any converters.

Top Bottom