3shape dental manager slowwwww

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
all of a sudden this past week, my dental manager has slowed to the point of a hair-pulling and mind-numbing crawl. no idea what changed overnight but it was literally just fine one day and stupid slow the next.
the designs are fine, all is good there speed wise. its only when in dental manager....case input, etc. will call my reseller monday when they open....but have scanning to do prior to noon EST and would love a solution even if temporary....thoughts?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Mine got slow as well on launch and everything. I even upgraded to a ssd and still slower then normal. Wonder if it is something on 3shapes end?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Mine got slow as well on launch and everything. I even upgraded to a ssd and still slower then normal. Wonder if it is something on 3shapes end?
not sure, at first i thought it was my comp....but thats running as expected still. no issues there.
im on 2014 still, you?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
2014 on a side pc and 2017.2.0 and 2017.2.1 on two other pc's maybe have 3shape close our cases or remove some cases from you database.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
and this all was sudden for you last week too?
already removed a ton of cases from the database. zero effect.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
yup roughly two week ago when updated production to 17.2.0.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yup roughly two week ago when updated production to 17.2.0.
mine literally happened last week. Wednesday to be exact. Tues all was fine, Wed morning was the shift and its been painful since.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you are on windows 10, they pushed out an update last week. Broke one of my HP supplied monitor management programs. No update from HP.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
The whole east coast had outages as I could not get on, said error dongle service not supported? I went online and saw the outages??

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
If you are on windows 10, they pushed out an update last week. Broke one of my HP supplied monitor management programs. No update from HP.

not on Win10 but the update hasn't been downloaded. actually it errors out before install.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The whole east coast had outages as I could not get on, said error dongle service not supported? I went online and saw the outages??

I saw that too, Mike. Did not realize it was large scale....figured the computer or dongle got bumped during cleaning or something. After a restart it worked fine for me but now that you mention it that was the same day it went horribly slow.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Mine's running up to date Win 10 and 17.2.1 with no ill effects. Lately some Win 10 updates have caused network issues, but not for us this time around.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Windows 8.1 Pro, 17.2.1 no slow down on my end, last week or this morning.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Just a follow up. About 2 weeks ago I did call Ivoclar Troy about the preview window in Dental Manager 17.2.1
was not loading the case preview after I was done designing. It would take it awhile to load, and would eventually show up,
or when I refreshed the case it would show up. They said it was a known issue. It didn't affect the speed of Manager in my
case. I did notice about Thursday and Friday it seems to be resolved. Maybe it was a cross platform issue and on different Windows versions
and 3Shape builds that could have caused an issue?

I really do believe that 3Shape sends out smaller silent patch updates, other than the more major build updates.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Just a follow up. About 2 weeks ago I did call Ivoclar Troy about the preview window in Dental Manager 17.2.1
was not loading the case preview after I was done designing. It would take it awhile to load, and would eventually show up,
or when I refreshed the case it would show up. They said it was a known issue. It didn't affect the speed of Manager in my
case. I did notice about Thursday and Friday it seems to be resolved. Maybe it was a cross platform issue and on different Windows versions
and 3Shape builds that could have caused an issue?

I really do believe that 3Shape sends out smaller silent patch updates, other than the more major build updates.
well if not fixed here this afternoon, the employee is going to spend some time on the horn with core3d to see what gives. suppose the scanner needs an in depth calibration anyway lol

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
well if not fixed here this afternoon, the employee is going to spend some time on the horn with core3d to see what gives. suppose the scanner needs an in depth calibration anyway lol

Be sure to do the calibration before you call, to take that off their rote list of answers companies usually have for us,
you know, support tech, "run a calibration (take 2 aspirin) and call us in the morning" :rolleyes: :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yeah thousands of people have reported irritating issues that "resolved" after the update. i experienced this twice.

first on my CAM pc which is connected via wireless i noticed network drops all day. updated windows on restart and then miraculously everythings fine.

second on my iMetric scanner one of the cameras was "disabled" and didnt capture any data after numerous calibrations. update windows and presto.

so i vote for begrudgingly updating windows.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Be sure to do the calibration before you call, to take that off their rote list of answers companies usually have for us,
you know, support tech, "run a calibration (take 2 aspirin) and call us in the morning" :rolleyes: :)
the minor calibration we can do in the lab has no effect on whats actually slow in dental manager.
but yes, it would be done prior to calls.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
employee reports this afternoon.....zero slow down. hes cranked through a dozen or more scans and designs that im about to sit down and QC. no issues at all with dental manager. nothing has changed since last night that i am aware of.....but i will take it!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
yeah thousands of people have reported irritating issues that "resolved" after the update. i experienced this twice.

first on my CAM pc which is connected via wireless i noticed network drops all day. updated windows on restart and then miraculously everythings fine.

second on my iMetric scanner one of the cameras was "disabled" and didnt capture any data after numerous calibrations. update windows and presto.

so i vote for begrudgingly updating windows.
Mine got broke on prior hotfix round, still ain't fixed after multiple reboots. Including a 30 min wait cold start. Redownloaed from HP hoping that something corrupted/got clobbered on update, uninstall driver and software, reinstall. Nope.

Ah well. I'll live.