3Shape DCM to STL conversion

C

chrisjgau

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up this tired old thread again but I need some help

I bought a 3Shape scanner with dongle and software 1.4.7.2 , converting dcm to stl within acquisition software, design with 2013 Exocad and milling with Roland DWX 4W. All was working well until recently when STL conversion started taking a long time (e.g. 25 mins) and many errors.

Probably Windows problem but resetting to earlier breakpoint and downloading latest video drivers didn't help.

Others have tried to convert the 2017 DCMs for me with alternate software without success.

I have Delcam Exchange which will convert 1.3.4.5 DCMs to STL so I was hoping someone could send me 1.3.4.5 or 1.3.4.7 so that I can downgrade the image capture and determine if the problem it is in the capture process or the conversion

Thanks in advance

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have Delcam exchange and crossmanager and no issues converting dcm to stl, it may be the file is encrypted, what are you trying to convert scans?

C

chrisjgau

Reaction score
Hi Sevan
The 2017 TRIOS was fine at first but now is not converting the files correctly. Once you transmit the DCM as STL the DCM is then scrambled and the STL has big flaws, but if you read the DCM (before converting them) with a text editor the file is in the normal DCM format. Delcam Exchange 2016 (Release 3) will not convert these files saying that the encryption key is incorrect.

Delcam exchange will convert encrypted 1.3.4.5 TRIOS DCM format. If I can get the 1.3.4.5 acquisition software I can check whether the DCM imaging is faulty or the fault is with the conversion.

If you could check whether crossmanager will convert either of the DCM files in my dropbox, I would appreciate it.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bqa1py2a1ew0v7s/AACpmjAmehS4IXZs6DJGGyNca?dl=0
Regards
Chris

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Another way I do it is once the trios case i s in 3shape i start the design process then quickly stop, this will enable scan export then I export scans as stl done. But looks like you are going straight from trios to exo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

C

chrisjgau

Reaction score
I don't have 3Shape design software, only the acquisition software 1.4.6.3 up to 1.4.7.2. I just need to get the STL then work in Exocad. Any chance to look at the files with Crossmanager

C

chrisjgau

Reaction score
Still no philanthropist who can give me 1.3.4.5 or 1.3.4.7 TRIOS acquisition software to test?

C

chrisjgau

Reaction score
What is the significance of the chirping crickets? I didn't know they existed in Eskimo territory.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I received my first Trios scan today and need a lot of help going through this, I am using Exocad 6136 and it seems that the file imported okay. Can someone with what the different colors, mainly the pink covering the prep, and repair scan data intersections on this photo mean?
Screenshot (6).png