3M LAVA open to the public

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Is there anyway to crack open 3M LAVA to generic ZR and software??

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
That will work for a day or two....then when 3M finds out, your mill(s) will be taken from you.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
That will work for a day or two....then when 3M finds out, your mill(s) will be taken from you.

How are they going to take something from you that you paid them what? $200,000.00 for??? That would be called theft.

Yes, it's possible, quite easy. You just can't call the finished product, "LAVA" as LAVA is a brand created through process and materials.

PM me for more details if you want biodentg!

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Really??????? That would be GREAT!!!!!! I'll PM today.. let me say that I already know about Essential by LAVA, to my opinion is the same as LAVA and I'll quote someone else's opinion about it because it is exactly how I feel...

[QUOTE]"So, 3M introduces their long anticipated entry into the low-cost zirconia market with something they are calling Essential. From everything I’ve heard, the only thing its essential to is the health of Lava Milling Centers’ bottom lines. I’ve talked to several 3M ALMC’s who have experienced a brutal downturn in their business as more and more competition drives zirconia copings to the brink of commodification.

In my opinion, 3M had two options – 1) Lower the cost of the original Lava material, or 2) come to the market with lower cost product differentiated by lesser attributes. They chose Door #2, and I’m not sure its a good idea.

What are they telling the market? Is 900 MPa flexural strength “good enough”? If so, why would a dentist choose Lava for the single crown or 3-unit bridge applications Essential is supposedly geared toward. Why not use a product like our SDL Origin-AL Z which has a significantly higher flexural strength (1400 MPa),not to mention its availability in 16 Vita Classic FrameShades and 5 3D Vita FrameShades (versus 8 for Lava)?

Did I mention that I heard Essential takes up to 10 minutes longer to mill vs. Lava? And, only comes in 40mm blocks?That should make those ALMC’s really happy… "

Jeff Saylors
[/QUOTE]

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What does Jeff know? I'll show ya some tricks with essentials.
If you look in your computer, you will see Essential in 20mm block as well hiding in there.
It's to be sold very soon. I like the Essential now after a few months of playing with it.
It looks more opaque. Sometimes that is a good thing. It does not take 10 minutes longer to mill, not that I can see anyway.

I like having the marketing power 3M shares. I'd hate to loose that, and loose the Lava product, so I am following their game. Been good to me so far.

D

digitalcadcam

Reaction score
Give Up - No Cracking Man! Do the best you can with you tools you have! Your PC is locked down the own the software rights

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Some tools include a skeleton key that can pick a lock. Does that count?

I have that tool right between my ears.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting any changes to the existing system(s) at all, only utilizing the components in different ways, and not utilizing others. The brand doesn't get changed or modified at all - that would be suicide. The pieces that have been assembled into the existing system however (like the milling machine itself from Primaconn,) can be used outside of the existing system with other tools that allow the same results.