3D shades with GC Initial

V

vasilis79

Reaction score
Hallo everyone!
I use VM13 the last 8 years.The main reason is the 3D shades.Someone suggested me Ivoclar InLine.The shrinkage was less and this porcelain in general is much more "productive".So I thought what I'm doing with VITA?I need more firings and in large bridges I loose a lo of time.GC Initial officialy recommends specific combinations in order to achieve every 3D shade.So I'd like to ask if anyone use Initial for 3D and what is his/her opinion about the result?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I used GC MC for a few years. I got a shade booklet for Vita 3D conversion. It had photos of natural tooth slices with overlay diagrams listing the layers starting from modified opaques to inside porcelains to the incisals and modifiers. The shades were pretty close and the guy that made it probably had good success since it was his recipes. It really is hit or miss until you start getting accustomed to the porcelain.
When I used dsign porcelain I had a few old docs that liked the Chromoscope shade guide.I ended up buying the ones I needed in chromo shades just to make my life easier. When I changed to GC I still built their crowns with dsign chromo. There is something to be said for the convenience of getting basic shades right out of the bottle.

V

vasilis79

Reaction score
I used GC MC for a few years. I got a shade booklet for Vita 3D conversion. It had photos of natural tooth slices with overlay diagrams listing the layers starting from modified opaques to inside porcelains to the incisals and modifiers. The shades were pretty close and the guy that made it probably had good success since it was his recipes. It really is hit or miss until you start getting accustomed to the porcelain.
When I used dsign porcelain I had a few old docs that liked the Chromoscope shade guide.I ended up buying the ones I needed in chromo shades just to make my life easier. When I changed to GC I still built their crowns with dsign chromo. There is something to be said for the convenience of getting basic shades right out of the bottle.
First of all thanks for your reply.Probably I got the same booklet as you from GC rep and I'll start making my own tests.So,were you satisfied from the results according to this booklet with Initial?What porcelain do you use now when you get cases with 3D shade?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
First of all thanks for your reply.Probably I got the same booklet as you from GC rep and I'll start making my own tests.So,were you satisfied from the results according to this booklet with Initial?What porcelain do you use now when you get cases with 3D shade?
I rarely get 3D shades. I ask all of my doctors to use Vita Classic.
DSC_0567.JPG

Has a quick reference chart at the beginning.

Archibald and Associates Dental Lab 801-226-6580

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Have you considered Dentsply's 3d system for "out of the bottle shades ? We use it for our production crowns . It works well for that purpose .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Top Bottom