3D model printing

W

wirebender2040

Reaction score
I recently purchased the 3 Shape R700 for making ortho models. I only have an occasional need to print a digital model. Can someone tell me the price I can expect to pay for a set of working models printed from a scan? Also I wondered if someone could give me a ballpark price on the printers if I decided to buy one on my own?

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Specialty Appliances in Atlanta will print models with small bases for $32.00 per set. This is a fantastic deal as if you price a prototyping center they will charge $200.00 plus. The printer that has become the standard for models is the Objet Eden 260V and costs 100K plus, they have a smaller, slower printer but very good for 30K. The downside with the smaller printer is the material cost is 2X that of the Eden. I am sure in the near future there will be more options for printing and with the new competition costs will come down. I can live with Specialties $32.00 per set for now...and they are great people to work with, ask for Arlen.

Don

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
I recently purchased the 3 Shape R700 for making ortho models. I only have an occasional need to print a digital model. Can someone tell me the price I can expect to pay for a set of working models printed from a scan? Also I wondered if someone could give me a ballpark price on the printers if I decided to buy one on my own?

Like to see a picture of the Model you recieve back....

AleTheDoc

AleTheDoc

Reaction score
What do you think about "cubify", from 3d Systems??

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
STL Model

Please help me with STL file with model from 3shape ortho. anybody have it? if possible with small basis.

AleTheDoc

AleTheDoc

Reaction score
Vazone, whats the problem? i dont have 3shape ortho but i like to know other`s problems......next week i will go to a meeting and there will be a 3shape stand. they probably dont know anything just about money but if i can help....

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Vazone, whats the problem? i dont have 3shape ortho but i like to know other`s problems......next week i will go to a meeting and there will be a 3shape stand. they probably dont know anything just about money but if i can help....

It's not a problem. i just want to try mill it

AleTheDoc

AleTheDoc

Reaction score
ok!! Vazone, which milling machine do you have? which material do you want to mill? you want to mill complete model?
Maby you should ask in other thread also, as you see, this is "3d model printer" and you are asking for "3d milling....." (for me is ok here too) ;)
Vazone, another question, have you used "maestro 3d ortho studio" software?
thank you!!

P

Ppradip

Reaction score
Hi,We are looking low cast DIGITAL 3D printers, have anybody using VELSO 3D PRINTERS and who is the dealer for this device

G

gotosleep33

Reaction score
Hello,

our lab is looking for a 3d printer for ortho models. We are just beginning the process for this project. We already have 3shape r700.
What are the available option today to produce models at low cost with a reliable printer?

Thank you very much for your help

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Look outside the dental industry for printers.

Youtube wil help you find what you are looking for.

G

gotosleep33

Reaction score
Ok so after a week, i've found who are the big players in the 3d printing dental field but still struggling for those 3d printer that allow ortho model printing outside our industry at a more affordable price for a small lab.
Thanks for any guidance or help.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
H/T Coolhand Luke

[video=youtube_share;sqorBvxNfXQ]http://youtu.be/sqorBvxNfXQ[/video]

Last edited:
AleTheDoc

AleTheDoc

Reaction score
hi! check, Mojo 3d printer from Stratasys, it is desktop style, and is 9900$. i do not know speed etc just saw it in web.

G

gotosleep33

Reaction score
Thank you rkm dt and alethedoc.

These low cost seen to only use abs material which seems to be plasic whereas objet eden seem to use a material more like plaster. Any opinions?

Thanks

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The abs seems more versatile for c&b. It can be cast and comes in multiple colors for porcelain builds and presentations.

I assume you want a non-stick material for the fabrication of appliances?