3 shape stand alone seat

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Is there the option to purchase a 3 shape design seat away from scanner? Either to take home work and design or to pull work from ftp site and design? What do you think the cost would be for the software and then yearly renewal fees?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you could set up a remote connection so that your programs all run from the one computer, but that will have slow and poor rendering. worth a shot. for this you will need a static IP, so contact an IT freelancer in your area to set this up.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
That's how I am currently doing it and the lag time is not efficient. Would be nice to just have the software separate.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
install the software on your home PC and bring the dongle home...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
thumb drive, removable HDD.. etc. I move all my scans over to my milling PC on a USB stick.. The files arent that big. Get a nice carrying case for your USBs and take em home!

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
Is there a way to take the dongle home for designing and not render the scanner useless? My employee could be scanning while I am away with the dongle. It would be nice for 3 shape to allow the scanner to scan while your designing away from the lab.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No, scanserver will not run without a dongle. You can always get a hardlock copy of your dongle made.. for security purposes of course! Laugh

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
Can you recommend a company that can do this?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
'Companies' that do dongle emulation are dodgy at best.. most in russia probably. Cant say I would recommend it.. but it is possible. Search hasp dongle emulator. Always good to have a backup. there is also software to allow you to do it yourself.. if you know where to look.

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
No, scanserver will not run without a dongle. You can always get a hardlock copy of your dongle made.. for security purposes of course! Laugh

Scanserver work without dongle . (you can calibrate the scan without dongle)
The dongle must be in the DentalManager pc and you can put the two pcs network for scanning on a pc and design to another.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ok the scanserver maybe works for calibration, but the scanit restoration program wont open without dongle.. The point is to be able to do it at home.. I wouldnt know how to network two pcs in two different locations to use one dongle... I know its been touched on here before..

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Just remote into your desktop at work...that way you don't loose or damage the dongle.

Just make sure you have good internet at home and have the same resolution set up

at home.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
welcome back Kent, hows the wee berne ?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Thanks CHL! She's doing great. She's here healthy and growing.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
The remote desktop connection is not seamless you tend to lose fpm on the rendering and slow to design. Would be nice if vendors offer just the software design seat that you could just design without a scanner.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Setup a VPN but have a really good Upload speed on your internet connection. If you have 2mb upload speed it's going to be terrible. You need at least 5mb and even then the Dental Manager can be slow and there can occasionalyl be a slight delay when you are designing.

I would try upgrading your internet and see if that helps, It did for me.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its still glitchy using Team Viewer at times and the big cases are just very frustrating. I have 300/300 service at both my home and office and just remoting in has been a good and bad thing. I am looking for other options as well.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Do any of the distributors offer software only. Where you could keep all your files on a ftp sites or central server on network. Then export all files and import from home to design or on a plane or sandy beach with a cocktail in hand?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I wonder if the re-seller could get a duplicate dongle and charge a fee for it so someone can design from home if they wanted to. It would be tied into their current dongle.

Hey SAM!! Do you think this is possible?