3 Shape just a model scan

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Can anyone help with how to scam just upper and lower models on 3shape. No crown , teeth are not prepped. I need to send stl. File THANKS

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
three ways

1. create an order, and in the upper right corner are 3 pull-down menus. one says "Neighborhood scan: Sectioned" which you should change to Unsectioned. then in the articles on the right hand column, select any crown or coping, as long as it is not a pontic. ensure the correct antagonist is selected.

2. you can mark the case as any form of denture. these scans never ask for individual dies and always use the highest resolution. you will need to indicate the antagonist in the order screen, as by default it is set to None.

3. utilize the Model Builder software. if your scan has no sections of cuts or holes in the model, open the model builder software and open your model scans inside it. model builder in the dental manager control panel can be set to output stl files.

if you do not have the denture module, or if the scanner seems to output only .dcm files you you have two options; either you need to phone your 3shape provider and ask them to enable .stl output for your scanner, or downgrade to 2012. in that release you were allowed to "enable visualization output" for all cases, which translated a copy of your case data into .stl and saved it in its own folder. this feature i can't seem to find in the 2013-14 versions.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
My suggestion is use the scan it library software...it's easier and the output is STL

Top Bottom