2000 labs closed last year

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Divide and conquer.

Since the SECOND dental laboratory opened (who was the competitior of the FIRST dental laboratory to open) this kind of infighting has gone on. And it is exactly why we have never had any kind of cohesive front.

There are three dental laboratories closing every day.

Some of them have aged out of the system. Some have been mismanaged out of the system, some simply could not hold on in this economy, and some have just lost to off shore competition.

YET, others I have spoken to have had record-setting sales, and are growing like never before.

All I know, is those who don't want to change and who are willing to sit still, will eventually become one of those three who don't make it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Dentistry has always been about change.

R

robcat

Reaction score
"You can't fight progress; the best you can do is ignore it until it takes your livelihood and self-respect away."
-Kurt Vonnegut

It sounds to me like three labs a day have bought into Vonnegut's philosophy.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Great point Rob,in fact that guy will have taken more bread from your table than all of Asia combined!

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Great point Rob,in fact that guy will have taken more bread from your table than all of Asia combined!

So when an American competitor takes bread off the table of another American lab, that's bad form on whose part? The guy who let the competition get the better of him, or the competition who keeps getting better?

The Asian competition is getting better too.

More layers of porcelain in your build up will not save anybody from the future.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm talking about Obama's cancellation of the Keystone pipeline.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's okay,that debt thing doesn't help either:(

Top Bottom