2-Connect Screws?

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
First time using the system and I'm using it on a Biomet 3i implant. When I go to screw down the crown to the other piece, the screw given is a straumann, not a 3i screw. Ive been on the phone with CAP and they assured me this is this correct screw. In the photo on the left is the screw CAP gave me, on the left is the 3i screw. The screw CAP gave me also does not fit down the screw channel. What gives?
20150206_142953_zps1917d39c.jpg

Matt Stratton

Matt Stratton

Reaction score
Hi Toothman19,

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations. Not positive based on your descriptions, but perhaps this issue is just a little unfamiliarity with the NT Trading 2-Connect system.

The screw provided with the 2-Connect kit is generally a standard TORX T6 connection, and would not necessarily match the driver associated with that implant. NT Trading has standardized this across the various platforms, since the screw does not connect directly to the implant, but rather to the male abutment included with the kit.

If you have a TORX T6 driver, and can see if it fits into the screw provided from us, please give that a try. You should be able to secure the female insert onto the male abutment using this screw. If you do not have this type of driver, we have them available for sale.

In regards to the screw not fitting down the screw channel, I think we would need a little more information. We would want to validate which CAD system you are using, and which implant library you have selected. We use 3Shape internally for our designs, and have NT Trading's implant library available for 3Shape, Exocad and Dental Wings. To the best of our knowledge, this system has been working without issue for quite a while now. So maybe there is just something missed along the way.

Please let us know if you need any more information. We would like to make sure you are successful with these parts.

Thanks and best regards,
Matt

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Sounds like bad information was given on size - we've done the 2 connect with CAP before many times and have not had these problems. They're good on sorting it out though.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
It was sorted out immediately. I wasn't aware that the screws were universal. Thanks CAP