Cost to go Digital?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. Many things to consider. I've not made a firm commitment to any specific scanner or milling unit, but will invest in both most likely. I certainly agree with user name on this point:
I hope you checked your PM.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if paying extra for milled emax from a milling center is really that much more expensive than doing all the sprueing and investing and pressing and divesting?
Boring Bob probably has run the numbers. Maybe PM him and ask and see if he'd share them?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i still dont see the point. if i can scan->mill an emax in 30 mins or less why on earth would i delay this to a 2 day turnaround by switching to pressables? then i'd need a press. and ingots. and more investment powders.

i just don't see it.

but if it works for you, i won't knock it.

just as a corollary to this, this is my personal perspective, not the lab i work for.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
i still dont see the point. if i can scan->mill an emax in 30 mins or less why on earth would i delay this to a 2 day turnaround by switching to pressables? then i'd need a press. and ingots. and more investment powders.

i just don't see it.

but if it works for you, i won't knock it.

just as a corollary to this, this is my personal perspective, not the lab i work for.
If I had bought a mill capable of milling e.max cad I would definitely use it, but I'd be paying that beeyotch off for ever! I just have a zr/wax mill Which is the case with most little guy labs I think (by capable e.max cad milling I mean milled well. i'm sure there are mills that say they can but like my experience with some...they really can't.)