Prettau/All-on-4 Pricing?

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
I would say 5-6 years. The 1100 MPa zirconia materials we are all using are all subject to about a 50% degradation in strength over five years leaving us with a much weaker restoration. This occurs slowly year after year until year five where the degradation bottoms out.
A little off subject, the new 600MPa Anterior materials have no degradation over time. Interestingly, both the Anterior and the older 1100 material after five years has similar strength.
I would love to know where you got the studies on five year in-vitro flexural strength degredation on these new class 5 zirconia materials. Or lack there of from what you are saying.

That's impressive if true. Most have only been on the market for testing or limited release for 6-18 months.

Please share for all of us to read.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Honestly, this information came to me from several different zirconia manufacturers. They have all been saying the same thing conserving Zi degradation. I'm sure there are studies available. I will reach out to a few people and post my findings. It probably will not be until next week.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Prettau takes 100 years before failing in accelerated aging tests lava ht takes 3 years in accelerated testing these are independent tests ive heard that the 600 mpa stuff doesnt age also ,basically these test dont tell us much what does is failures in the mouth and it aint happening when things are done right.If you really want to get scared you should see how emax goes in accelerated aging tests.This was all started by emax ie ivoclar loosing market share in the full contour market all ceramics age including vmk's .I find it interesting that we really wanted art glass to work and it didnt and we are all very exited about peek but the stuff glued to it will probably fall off lava ultimate another one failing.But and a big but at that for some reason Zirconia which has been working now for 15 years commercially we all say oh we better be careful it might fail because someone wants to be the 1st to say i told you it would fail. People keep talking about theoretical problems done with flawed testing saying things like its only going to last 5 years when the material has already been around much longer.Or the other one I like is oh my bridges keep braking and i ask where did you get your zirc and they say i buy it on line from china as it is too expensive to buy it from well known companies Duh. People dont remember the study that came out after the ageing study by Lunguini my spelling could be a little off ,stating that these accelerated aging studies are flawed and not valid.

Michael Steel

Michael Steel

Reaction score
To be honest its good that it degrades after 5 years nothing is meant to last forever

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
We got milled case back this morning
And are going to luster paste it today due in office Friday
Any advice on firing parameters or anyone care to share program they use
Thank you in advance

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Ok so loooong slow cool
Leave high temp and rate of climb the same ?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Increase hi temp 20 degrees F higher than that used for single units.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I would love to know where you got the studies on five year in-vitro flexural strength degredation on these new class 5 zirconia materials. Or lack there of from what you are saying.

That's impressive if true. Most have only been on the market for testing or limited release for 6-18 months.

Please share for all of us to read.
Here is one. There are more, I'm working on getting them.

Attachments

• 2012JPDOct2.pdf
    789.4 KB · Views: 47
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Here is one. There are more, I'm working on getting them.
I didn't read the whole thing...but, 180C (356)F? Isn't that a bit warm? Is someone watching cookies bake from inside the oven?
Maybe the article explained the reason for using this temp and I got too lazy before I found out.

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thing...but, 180C (356)F? Isn't that a bit warm? Is someone watching cookies bake from inside the oven?
Maybe the article explained the reason for using this temp and I got too lazy before I found out.

Lol. Yeah I thought the same thing. Maybe heat and pressure are a little interchangeable?

It would also be awesome to see where and how bad they "spontaneously fractured." That part seems important.