bur for zirc removal

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
what burs are you guys and gals using to cut the zirconia crowns out of the pucks? i don't currently use a high speed hand piece in that station so i would like to find hand piece bur (but I can add a high speed if I absolutely have to). thanks

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Should definitely have an AquaspenceII on that work bench. Definitely. Hell, find a used one.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ryan to cut zirc out of the puck (green) I use a HP diamond by Axis 850-016m-HP

It a long thin diamond so it has good reach, since its turning considerable slower than a high speed make damn sure you hand piece chuck is running as concentric as possible. Slow speeds notoriously wobble a bit at the slower RPM's.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
John I use a straight hp, mieisinger long shack carbid bur. image.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Ryan to cut zirc out of the puck (green) I use a HP diamond by Axis 850-016m-HP

It a long thin diamond so it has good reach, since its turning considerable slower than a high speed make damn sure you hand piece chuck is running as concentric as possible. Slow speeds notoriously wobble a bit at the slower RPM's.
Get a KaVo hombre!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I was thinking he was talking about cutting sintered sprus on a bridge. Scratch the Aquaspence. A lab handpiece has the reach you need for those hard to reach spaces cutting in 16mm+ blanks...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Get a KaVo hombre!

I do have 3 and they are my least favorite, probably because I just replaced the collets at a price of 90 each. For a flipping 50cent part. Tons of torque but thats not what I need for this

My favorite is NSK Z500 seems to go and go.

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll give some of these a try. We have been using a striaght carbide in a brand new nsk handpiece but it is time to reorder so I thought I would see what some of you were using.
Thanks

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
I love my Z500, but for green state Zr I've delegated an old Brassler UP500 that does the job well.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I do have 3 and they are my least favorite, probably because I just replaced the collets at a price of 90 each. For a flipping 50cent part. Tons of torque but thats not what I need for this

My favorite is NSK Z500 seems to go and go.
K5?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Kpower grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk