Alternative to "Model Builder"

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Hey guys,

any suggestions for an alternative to model builder ? I would like to try something else besides model builder to build a working model,solid,extra dies etc... Some of our Dr's are not totally comfortable with "model less" cases yet. Hit me up with suggestions and Ideas.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Model Creator from Exocad

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So there is a Creator Adore

N

NiSa

Reaction score
Hello ,

I am developper on 3DReshaper Dental, a dental CAD software.
We have a strong module for making model called Model Creator. It works with stl files.

You can get additionnal information + trial version here : http://www.3dreshaper-dental.com/en/

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well hello there. salut bonjour.

i had not heard about this software, please tell us some more!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello ,

We have a strong module for making model called Model Creator. It works with stl files.

You can get additionnal information + trial version here : http://www.3dreshaper-dental.com/en/
please do tell us more. this is new to me as well
will you be in chicago at lab day?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That looked easy to use. Is it cheaper and better than exocad? ;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Probably.

You know we saw this with the big 3 implant companies didn't we?

Did you see the vid with the hand held scanner? Probably won't need the desktop anymore.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You know we saw this with the big 3 implant companies didn't we?

Did you see the vid with the hand held scanner? Probably won't need the desktop anymore.
Having used 3 different IO scanners for scanning models, I can say they work for singles and multiple singles in a row,
but when you have large edentulous spaces they are no bueno. The field of view is too narrow and the computer has a really hard time
stitching those images together whether HD video of HD still. This results in twists and cross arch discrepancies.
With a desktop scanner the field of view captures the whole model giving the software the coordinates to properly
stitch the other scans.
3Shape supposedly has software for Trios to work this out. I'll believe it when I see it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
last year i scanned one of those sample arches with 9000 super perfect preps and super smooth red plastic gingiva; sprayed the absolute shyte out of it but got a good enough scan to re-create the model, dies and all, 10mm shorter in height, sans screws, and all scanned with the trios pod.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
last year i scanned one of those sample arches with 9000 super perfect preps and super smooth red plastic gingiva; sprayed the absolute shyte out of it but got a good enough scan to re-create the model, dies and all, 10mm shorter in height, sans screws, and all scanned with the trios pod.
No question that the IO scanners can scan full arch etc. Try fitting the finished what ever to a stone model or in the mouth.

N

NiSa

Reaction score
@rkm rdt :
Yes it is simple to use. It has also great tools to repair bad scans (with noise, holes, etc...) that most of the other Dental CAD don't have.

The best is to make your own opinion by downloading the software, then we'll send you a trial version for 1month.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Downloaded. How long for the activation code?

N

NiSa

Reaction score
Most of the time, you get the code in less than 24h.

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Hello ,

okay cool I downloaded the program to try out. Thank you for posting that ! :D

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Did you receive the code ?
will you be in Chicago at Lab Day?
I dont have a use for this software just yet, but it wont be long. If theres a more cost effective (and accurate) way of doing things, everyone is interested. you should put it on display!

Top Bottom