My trick with working on abutments

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Just thought I'd pass this on.

I'm sure we've found that working with implant abutment's, sometimes they seem difficult to hang on to. My boss came up with this idea, which I've been using for about six years now. A penny vice, at least that's what he calls it. As you can tell from the photos, two of them were purchased, and the other one was made from an old drill chuck. I find that they will hold an analog very securely, even when ground on, and additionally won't burn your fingers. Easy to hang on to, and easy to exchange from different analog systems on different cases.

picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php

Carol

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I just use a hemostat to hold the abutments.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We have a stainless steel Handel made by Nobel Biocare that all there fixtures have special analogs that fit into it. We have modified other manufactures analogs to fit in this handle as well.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Me too. Most of the time I have to bandage the blisters and cuts, or crawl around the lab floor looking for items I've flung acoss the lab. [I once found a lost post & core casting in the bottom of the Ivoclar processing tank about 2 months after losing it! It was from the opposite side of the lab!]

I like this idea. Thanks!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Me too. Most of the time I have to bandage the blisters and cuts, or crawl around the lab floor looking for items I've flung acoss the lab. [I once found a lost post & core casting in the bottom of the Ivoclar processing tank about 2 months after losing it! It was from the opposite side of the lab!]

I like this idea. Thanks!
Ive done the crawl many times.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its amazing where things can end up and how frustrating it can be. Here is a fun one.

I special order porc denture teeth for this case and I got to the the last tooth and was grinding the ridge lap and it shot back at me. I didn't hear it hit the floor but I saw what direction it went. We searched and searched for this damn tooth as I had nothing close to replace it with. After about 2 hours we gave up and called it a day. I got home changed my clothes and as I was taking off my pants that damn tooth pooped out of the cuff at the bottom of my pants. I had a good laugh.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I had one hit me in the chest and "fling off" (or so I thought). After going home, I was untucking my shirt and it fell out. The whole time I thought it flew through the air and ended up in some unknown cranny.

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
My lab floor is green and white speckles about the same color as teeth. (hope to remodel some day) I keep a broom handy for these moments; but remember a time in the early 90's where we spent several hours searching for a full gold crown that leaped onto a ledge under the cabinet. Still not sure how we found that one.

leecoursey

leecoursey

Reaction score
Its amazing where things can end up and how frustrating it can be. Here is a fun one.

I special order porc denture teeth for this case and I got to the the last tooth and was grinding the ridge lap and it shot back at me. I didn't hear it hit the floor but I saw what direction it went. We searched and searched for this damn tooth as I had nothing close to replace it with. After about 2 hours we gave up and called it a day. I got home changed my clothes and as I was taking off my pants that damn tooth pooped out of the cuff at the bottom of my pants. I had a good laugh.

By default we now check pant cuffs, lab scrub pockets, and shoes, inside and out. We then do the "head to the floor" to try to see any deviations in the landscape. Vanilla floor tile is a no-win.

N

nickate

Reaction score
I made a "tooth magnet"... It only works on plastic teeth though...

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Anyone put something on their fingers? After a day of sandblasting, my fingers are so dry and slick that I can't hold onto anything. I use gloves when doing a lot of sandblasting, but for those little jobs I don't. Moisturizers help, but not a lot. I was wondering if that stuff that is put on your fingers to use when counting money or turning pages?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Anyone put something on their fingers? After a day of sandblasting, my fingers are so dry and slick that I can't hold onto anything. I use gloves when doing a lot of sandblasting, but for those little jobs I don't. Moisturizers help, but not a lot. I was wondering if that stuff that is put on your fingers to use when counting money or turning pages?
I always wear gloves when blasting...once your finger prints are gone it makes it even more difficult to hold on to stuff. I do use Sortkwik on my hands often; lotion doesnt cut it in the dry winter air. Ive also stopped holding anything thats going to get a mist of Zapit spray. That stuff is nasty and cracks my skin.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I intentionally don't wear gloves, I don't want them to be able to lift a clean print.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Even my new iPhone doesn't recognize my fingerprint anymore

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I have a holder from Berkley implants... ebay... 75.00... works awsome

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Lowes $1.00 mini vice grips and stock/aftermarket analogs.

Top Bottom