e.max Multi

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Well I've just ordered a multi intro kit. Hoping to try it out tomorrow on a couple of A1 centrals.

Has anyone tried them yet?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Good luck, GarryB. Let me know if you have any questions.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Thank you Patrick, I'm looking forwards to seeing how they turn out. They could be a big time saver for the right cases and I'll let you know how they go.

G

GarryB

Reaction score

So the first Multi pressing is done.

Everything went really well and was straight forward. The crowns had a definite body shade and tip shade with no visible line of demarcation..... it seems to blend in really well.

The only slight issue I had was that the shade was too light....should have been A1. All that was required was a staining firing and then glaze. After that, they where bang on a Vita shade tab A1.

At the moment, the cost of the ingots is about double what we pay for the mono chromatic ingots and of course the 200g ring has to be used so there is slightly more cost in investment (compared to the 100g).

All in all I got a good results for single shade centrals. Cost a little more but saved time not having to cut back and veneer.

Obviously for more personalised and aesthetic cases I would use a cut back technique but for the everyday single shade jobs this is a definite time saver.

Apologies for not posting images to show the after press shade and finished crowns but it was 10.30pm when I got them finished and we have had a busy, busy week!!

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hey Patrick, The picture's not best quality, but the point being, it will obviously press in our oven! This is a clients 1st attempt ever using the system. Furthermore, they (like many others) were told by their Ivoclar representative that it would not work in our oven.

So if anyone asks if they can use their Zubler oven. The answer is yes.

pressmulti from Peter.png

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey Patrick, The picture's not best quality, but the point being, it will obviously press in our oven! This is a clients 1st attempt ever using the system. Furthermore, they (like many others) were told by their Ivoclar representative that it would not work in our oven.

View attachment 17218
Well of course it will press, however a photo of a raw pressing dosen't prove didley squat. Show us some finished work shot with a real camera, something that shows the proper transition from body shade to incisal.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score

Hey Chris,

I never said it wouldn't press in another oven. All I've ever said is that I don't have access to the parameters and we are not supporting it in other furnaces as we are not going to test every press out there, with every investment out there, to find the perfect parameters for every combination. Because of that I can't guarantee that it will work in another furnace. We know we got inconsistent results with our older furnaces and that was the reason for the recommendation of our EP3000/5000 or EP3010/5010.

And, if anyone on the phone asks me about it, I always tell them that It may work, but I don't have the parameters to even get them started so they have to do their own research and development and see if they can use it in their non-Ivoclar furnace.

Have a great day!

Pat

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

I never said it wouldn't press in another oven. All I've ever said is that I don't have access to the parameters and we are not supporting it in other furnaces as we are not going to test every press out there, with every investment out there, to find the perfect parameters for every combination. Because of that I can't guarantee that it will work in another furnace. We know we got inconsistent results with our older furnaces and that was the reason for the recommendation of our EP3000/5000 or EP3010/5010.

And, if anyone on the phone asks me about it, I always tell them that It may work, but I don't have the parameters to even get them started so they have to do their own research and development and see if they can use it in their non-Ivoclar furnace.

Have a great day!

Pat

Pat,

I spoke to three laboratories yesterday, all had asked for parameters and each were told, that they could not use any other (non-Ivoclar) oven to press this system. Not by you I know, but by their sales rep of course. We both know it is not true. Either way, forgive me for putting you on the spot.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Well of course it will press, however a photo of a raw pressing dosen't prove didley squat. Show us some finished work shot with a real camera, something that shows the proper transition from body shade to incisal.

I'll ask labs to post photos as they become available.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I imagine it is the way the ingot was sprued was more critical given the multi-unit nature, like it cannot be off axis and flow must be controlled so that
the layer appearance did not look 'funky' . . . just thinking out loud.
LCM

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
So, those who have tried them:

To use or not to use???

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Use

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
More, please. What do you like/dislike? Any problems?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I have done about 10 units with the multi. They are like a value ingot with a little body and a little incial. I will use them along with other emax ingots. I press with Zubler oven.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
As with other parts of the emax system Ivoclar has a very detailed and easy to follow dfu book, other then using a Zubler oven I have followed there instructions and have had zero problems.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
As with other parts of the emax system Ivoclar has a very detailed and easy to follow dfu book, other then using a Zubler oven I have followed there instructions and have had zero problems.

How did you purchase those? I have a Zubler oven and my rep told me I have to have an Ivoclar oven to purchase?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Ordered on line, but my lab is emax certified from when I had inlab. And I have the plaque to prove it!
Seriously I think you should just order online

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Option to purchase them does not show up on my lab shop? I wonder if it has to be activated?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score

View attachment 17218
Chris, what is the progam used for the muti ingot? I'm pressing some of it and would rather do it in my Zublers. Much less reaction layer, no need for Invex liquid. Is the press cycle short like pressing emax?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Option to purchase them does not show up on my lab shop? I wonder if it has to be activated?
Jason, Do you have the Ivoclar press? It seems as though Ivoclar is closing down some of their technologies.