Porcelain Oven

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have owned or used Intratech, Ney, Jelenko, Vita, Dekema, and Ivoclar furnaces over the years. Ivoclar furnaces have been the most trouble free, reliable and easy to use. I've had two p-80s for years and bought them used. The only thing I've done is change out the muffles (worried they might let me down during an all nighter). Few years ago bought an ep5000. If you press emax it works right out of the box. Easy to custom program and with the touch screen, you'd have to be bombed to fire on the wrong program if you use multiple porcelains.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Being in the military we had a chance to use a variety of ovens. For a long time the Dekema was the standard for all the high end ovens and Jelenko was the workhorse from what we found. Since I buy my own equipment now, I have to look for value for the dollar. If I was buying an oven for highly aesthetic multiply layer buildups, I would buy a Zubler. For a workhorse, I would buy either the Shenpaz or the Jelenko. I have had a Vario Press 300 for 8 years now and will soon purchase a Vario 200 to give me more workflow options and as a backup.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Zubler and ivoclar are high quality. Whipmix isnt bad but more problematic.. you get what you pay for. And as saluki said, having chris wilson@zubler help you out is worth the cost.. he even wrote the book on the pro100.. literally.

Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
We just bought Vident 6000m & 6000mp furnaces. We are looking forward to them ;)

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Time to upgrade, I am expanding again, looking at new porcelain ovens. We have used Whipmix furnaces for years, all the way back from their acquisition of Intratech. I am a creature of habit, but looking for suggestions on a new purchase.
Forget the ovens - where are you finding ceramists?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Forget the ovens - where are you finding ceramists?

So true, we started training our existing techs to be able to do more things after the frustration got so bad after not finding good candidates. I really found it sad as the majority of applicants were guys that ran their own labs and were forced to shut down for some reason. I was very frustrated as the chemistry just was not there.. Just felt like these guys who have a ton of talent were not really suited to work for someone else and not butt heads. We did several working interviews and it was disasterous. Knock on wood we were able to find one really talented lady that has been a really good addition to the lab.

To keep this thread on topic, I bought 3 of these Zubler furnaces and I have to say they are the best porcelain oven I have ever had in my lab. My techs love them.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I have been using pro Press100 and Jelenko for years, changed the muffles once and thermocouple on the pro press 100 and they keep on ticking while we shake and bake. I obviously maintain them and clean them regularly.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I bought the EP5000 and it has all the programs right out of the box. I especially like the ease of making your own. The Pre programmed ones are not tweekible and that is good too, as you will always have visible record of the original program's.

This kind of oven is especially good if you have non-technically inclined porcelain folk. It is light years ahead of the old style ovens that took 20 minutes to code. Expensive but worth it.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
I bought the EP5000 and it has all the programs right out of the box. I especially like the ease of making your own. The Pre programmed ones are not tweekible and that is good too, as you will always have visible record of the original program's.

This kind of oven is especially good if you have non-technically inclined porcelain folk. It is light years ahead of the old style ovens that took 20 minutes to code. Expensive but worth it.

We pre-program our ovens also. Not just to our ceramics, but those you request. I just sold a VARIO 200zr and put W.Gellar, Noritake, Ivoclar, Ceramay (Ceramay is ours) and Vita on it. We really like to make sure you get off to a good start.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
So true, we started training our existing techs to be able to do more things after the frustration got so bad after not finding good candidates. I really found it sad as the majority of applicants were guys that ran their own labs and were forced to shut down for some reason. I was very frustrated as the chemistry just was not there.. Just felt like these guys who have a ton of talent were not really suited to work for someone else and not butt heads. We did several working interviews and it was disasterous. Knock on wood we were able to find one really talented lady that has been a really good addition to the lab.

To keep this thread on topic, I bought 3 of these Zubler furnaces and I have to say they are the best porcelain oven I have ever had in my lab. My techs love them.[/QUOT

:)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey Chris,
Have you come up with the press cycle for the e.max multi ingot? I'm starting to use these ingots and would love to press them in my Zublers.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hey Bob,

The specific cycles for the press-multi are due out soon, both for the Advanced press and traditional intelligent press. I have not checked in with Germany for the past couple of weeks in this regard, I need to. I have had reports from some labs (that do not want to wait) that the current version of the advanced press cycles, specifically the LT 200g cycles are working fine with the press-multi system. I will let you know as soon as Zubler Germany has released the programs.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Please keep me posted.